PDA

View Full Version : Can't start installation of Leopard 10.5.1

linukas
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I have downloaded Leopard 10.5.1 made by Zephyroth (i think so, cause in NFO have found such info)
burned to DVD-RW disc, and restarted comp
and i have problems...
Attached screen shot of last lines.
BSD root: disk3s3, major 14, minor 9 - after this line my system restarts. Depending on system configuration "minor" number sometimes changes.
Tried with ride, tried disconnecting ride, but nothing. I'm installing into samsung 80 GB ATA drive (SP8004H).

My system:
Asus M2N-E with NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP chipset.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
2 x 1024MB ram 800MHz
Asus GeForce 7800GT 256MB video card PCI Express
2x250GB seagate sata raid, 80GB ata samsung for Leopard
Nec DVD-RW drive

I think thats all, if do not enough info tell me.

What should i do to fix this problem?

nighteye
02-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Maybe it found something wrong with your harddrive identified as no 3 in your system, s3 could be paritition 3 on it? Just guessing here, but the error is weird. Try disconnecting all your harddrives except the ones you are trying to install Leopard too and reboot.

linukas
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
i have disconnected my ride hard drives so many times that i'm tired :)
tried even 20 GB WD hard, but the same error - line

is it possible, that in new versio ata and sata controllers doesn't fit my system.

some months ago i have tried Tiger (don't remember version) all installation goes ok, but doesnt started after installation. but at that time haven't enough time to search for problems.

Seanbad
02-06-2008, 04:33 AM
I have the same exact problem except mine says "disk0s3, major 14, minor 2"

zuz242
02-06-2008, 04:48 AM
right now installation on sata drives is a big problem.
either wait for release 2 or install on external usb hdd,
install sata drivers and then clone the partition to internal hdd.

linukas
02-06-2008, 05:02 AM
hmm, but my samsung 80 GB and WD 20 GB is ata not sata. so it should be ok
like i said, i can install tiger, but with leo i cant start even installation
Seanbad, whats your computer configuration? maby its m2n-e motherboard problem?

linukas
02-06-2008, 05:34 AM
i have tried removing all hdd and connecting usb hdd, inside its 40 GB hitachi hdd
so got another problem:
"Still waiting for root device"
and this message repeats, i have attached screen shot of this message

cgsheen
02-06-2008, 05:53 AM
linukas:i have tried removing all hdd and connecting usb hdd, inside its 40 GB hitachi hdd
so got another problem:
and this message repeats, i have attached screen shot of this message
This is as you're booting off the DVD to start the install OR after you've installed to the USB HD and you're trying to boot off it?

Something you can't do with Internal Drives:
Booting from an external USB drive, I have gotten the "still waiting..." prompt. You can turn OFF the external drive and turn it back on if it has a power switch. ( You can probably also unplug it if it's USB powered and plug it back in. ) Once I've done that, the drive is usually recognized again and it finishes the start-up procedure.

If it's your DVD you're booting from and you get the "still waiting" you're pretty much screwed. Your chipset drivers aren't working 100% (your motherboard isn't fully supported by the .kexts on the install disc...)

linukas
02-06-2008, 06:16 AM
i have tried to reconnect my external hdd, like you said, but nothing
my DVD drive is internal ide.
so it is worst case it think. my motherboard is not fully supported. is it possible to make changes in rev2 to add m2n-e motherboard support?
if you need any info about my motherboard, just ask me and i'll add.

linukas
02-06-2008, 10:43 PM
this night downloaded another Leopard 10.5.1 version for AMD. Now started installing, i think there is my motherboard support.