PDA

View Full Version : BSD Process : "lssave" causing kernel panic

othmam
02-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Hi

This is what I'm getting randomly without a specific action, I'm using the voodoo 9.5.0 kernel on iDeneb 10.5.6.
Pllllllllllzzz help me on this??? that's the only problem left so I can have a fully working OSX86 on my Dell latitude D510.

Will be awaiting your answers

I have a Dell Latitude D510
2gb RAM DDR2
Hard Drive 55gb
Intel GMA900
Intel Pentium M 1.73GHz

Sorry I'm new to this, if you need additional information please do tell me

Ali C.
02-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Try typing -legacy -x -v at the boot prompt and let us know how it acts then.

othmam
02-23-2009, 02:56 PM
I wanted to specify that the KP happens after 3 or 4 hours of using the computer. There is no specific action that trigers it or at least I think so. So I'm wondering if your command is not only for startup problems??? And I got out of luck, my iDeneb DVD has a scratch and doesn't want to install, so I installed XxX 10.5.6 with the same kernel and apparently it has the same problem :( .
Would you mind explaining the command you wrote about in your post?? I mean what's legacy for??

Sorry for being so stupid :(

Ali C.
02-23-2009, 07:02 PM
-legacy loads OS X in 32-bit mode, so if you have some kind of issue with 64-bit mode, you can resolve it. I have my doubts this is the root of the problem since it does boot, but you never know.
-x triggers Safe Mode and only loads the crucial drivers. This should help narrow down whether your problem is something with the OS itself or a hardware kext.
-v allows you to "see" the bootup process in diagnostic text. If the boot process is hanging anywhere, the line it "hangs" at could give further insight into the KP problems.

And you aren't stupid. We were all n00bs sometime. :)

othmam
02-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Well I'm now working with XxX 10.5.6 and it has been working for 7 hours straight, so I'm getting confused. I am also downloading iDeneb again since I want to find the reason it isn't working, could it be that the latest security update has something to do with that??? And I tried booting with -x but my usb wouldn't work and I have a USB modem with a workaround to make it work on Leopard. My system is in 32-bits I would guess. And since it starts always on verbose mode, I can say that it doesn't hang.
Could it be also be caused by an application???
I really don't want to go back to XP. once in heaven no one wants to go to hell :P

I really appreciate your effort of trying to help me
Thank you :)

Taisto
02-24-2009, 12:15 PM
do you use any power management or cpu throttling kexts ? if so - remove them along with intelcpupowermanagement.kext and applecputhermo.kext. My first attempt with iPC was like that, and it was caused by CPU throttling kexts i installed.

othmam
02-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Taisto

Well I had voodoo power installed and it was working fine. iDeneb took too much time to download, so I'm giving iPC a try and I'm going to follow your advice and not install any power management kext, if it doesn't work, I'll boot into legacy mode and see what happens then.

Sorry, out of the subject: I'm transfering files and the previous times it showed the correct remaining time, but now it doesn't on this new install, is there any missing component??

Thnx in advance

othmam
02-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Well apparently the problem is related power management stuff.

thank you all for your valuable help

Thomas.naso
05-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Can someone help with the patches(kernel,chipset,audio,video,network,fixes) I should choose when installing iDeneb 10.5.6 on my Dell Latitude D510(intel centrino). I cannot get the install to succesfully boot OSX yet. Thanks in advance.

moosehunter
11-06-2009, 03:08 AM
I'm having this same problem. I've had leopard installed for about a month and the KPs started a few days ago. What exactly did you do to solve the problem?
Thanks