PDA

View Full Version : Problems After Installing 10.5.6

KaMii
02-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey,

I hope you will help me out if this problem.

The problem is that i was using iAtkos v5i perfectly fine... then i saw an update to 10.5.6 in software update... and without knowing anything just updated it... i though it will work fine...so silly!!

then, i came to know that i have to have a pcefi bootloader or chameleon with dsdt support...but i had neither of them

i had my mac os setup perfectly and i have been using this from months now and i cant afford to lose this...

please tell me a way to boot back....
what happens is at darwin bootloader...it count downs from 5 to zero and then says "Loading Darwin" for a fraction of a second and suddenly my pc restarts...

erick2red
02-26-2009, 04:39 PM
boot with "-v option", then tell us what u see so we can help.

throttlemeister
02-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Get PC-EFI v9, put it on a USB stick. Boot from CD, and install the bootloader manually. After you have the bootloader installed, you should be able to boot normally, provided your system is able to run a vanilla kernel.

If it can't you can install the Voodoo kernel manually too, and specify that kernel at the prompt. Once you are up, you can make permanent changes and fix your startup.

erick2red
02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Get PC-EFI v9, put it on a USB stick. Boot from CD, and install the bootloader manually. After you have the bootloader installed, you should be able to boot normally, provided your system is able to run a vanilla kernel.

If it can't you can install the Voodoo kernel manually too, and specify that kernel at the prompt. Once you are up, you can make permanent changes and fix your startup.
i saw your post on the "Safari 4" thread, and here, how did u update to vanilla?. i'm using 10.5.6 with voodoo 9.5.0, and i like to use Vanilla, how can i do that???

PS: Sorry for being off-topic with the owner of the thread