PDA

View Full Version : Revision 2 Beta 2 - Please Read (Issue)

xlslx
02-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Hello folks - this is dedicated to ALL people in hope they can help me - and twice its information for the Leopard-AMD Dev Team (mostly Zeph)

Please take a look at my attached Photo. A short Review: ive installed Leo-AMD 10.5.1 Rev 2 Beta 1 and then upgraded (reinstalled, without removing Beta 1) Beta 2 over it (twice because the 1 minute left-issue) and all went fine. My HDD is bootable
but when using NO Bootflag the Error "System Config File /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist not found" occures. And when booting with -x Flag the Error in the Screenshot occures.

So does anybody can help me? (Ive installed with MBR Option and 1 Partition named "SmackOSX" ;))

Iam using OSX on a HP Pavilion dv6130eu (Turion 64 X2 TL-50 / 1GB DDR2 / 100GB SATA and a GForce 7200Go) (more info @ hp.com)

Please help my (anybody!)

roisoft
02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
The kernel panic is about the appleefiruntime.kext!

Boot with single user mode (-s) flag and navigate to /System/Library/Extensions to delete that kext file. :)

xlslx
02-06-2008, 10:30 PM
The "System Config File /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist not found" error occures too when only using -s flag! what to do now? booting with -x -s?

ok -s -x doesnt work, same error...it seems now that this error occures everytime i want to boot (with or without boot flags!) - very stange!

when having the Beta 2 DVD in the Drive and booting with -x from hard drive it works, but after a few seconds a grey apple screen appears and a black windows which tells me i have to reboot my pc (without telling me why!)

PS: Ive bootet the Beta 2 DVD and with -s flag but theres no appleefi or Appleefi or AppleEfi.....maybe these are the DVD Kexts but how can u mount my disk1s2 drive when bootet with dvd to delete the kext?

roisoft
02-07-2008, 02:28 AM
reinstall efi manually and try, if doesnīt works, reinstall leopard but dontīt use the upgrade

xlslx
02-07-2008, 02:41 AM
ive installed it with MBR Option not with EFI....and how can i install EFI manually? Please tell me more detailed what is to do!

roisoft
02-07-2008, 03:24 AM
You need a pendrive labeled "EFI", copy the efi pack to the root of your pendrive, boot into install DVD, plug the pendrive, and open a terminal and type:

cd /volumes/efi/pc_efi_v80

diskutil unmount diskX

./startupfiletool /dev/rdiskXsY ./boot_v8

reboot

(X=leo disk Y=leo partition)

xlslx
02-07-2008, 03:27 AM
and where i can get this package?

roisoft
02-07-2008, 03:28 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bdyjzsdn1y4 :)

once efi is installed copy the applesmbios.kext from the efi pack to /system/library/extensions

xlslx
02-07-2008, 03:30 AM
and is it equal which Rev.2 iam using? Have beta 1 and 2 but i mean that beta 2 is a little bit slower booting into dvd!?

and i have the pmCPUControl on DVD Boot where the system hangs for about 2minutes before continuing booting

PS: Thanks! Will test it now. just created a empty 1Gig FAT on my Pendrive labeled EFI and extracted the pack to this EFI foo.
The second thing, copying the kext to the extensions dir -> before or after reboot and copying using the dvd twice?

roisoft
02-07-2008, 03:35 AM
for the efi install, yes, dontīt worry

PS: Before, and donīt forget chmod / chown

xlslx
02-07-2008, 03:40 AM
so i will make my drive EFI ready and BEFORE i reboot ill copy the kext to my HDD? can you tell me the Commands for it too? and which chmod/chown?

roisoft
02-07-2008, 04:14 AM
you can do this steps after reboot donīt worry your applesmbios works too.

If you can boot into leo then go to /system/library/extensions and replace (drag & drop) the old aplesmbios for the new one, open a terminal and type

sudo -s
(your password)

cd /system/library/extensions

chmod -R 755 * && chown -R root:wheel *

cd ..

rm extensions.mkext

kextcache -a i386 -e

reboot