PDA

View Full Version : Trying to run OS X from an External

Panda
03-05-2009, 05:00 AM
Hi guys i'm here for help again cause i seem to be stuck heres where im at i successfully installed Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3 on the external HD but when i try to boot from the external nothing happens i get a blank screen i know it was a successful install and i know my PC can run it

heres my specs:
HP Pavilion dv6875se Special Edition - Core 2 Duo
* Processor Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 / 1.83 GHz
* 64-bit processor
* Data bus speed 667 MHz
* RAM 4 GB
* Hard Drive 320 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
* Type DVD RW (R DL) / DVD-RAM
* NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
* Video Memory 256 MB
* Audio Output Features Altec Lansing speakers

i had another post here with another issue with i fixed thanks to Hara Taiki and Dies heres what we worked on (http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/osx86-issuses-t2048/)

i messed with my Bios to fix my previous issue but now i don't get shit, just a blank screen any ideas? also when i just let windows boot and try to go into the external to reinstall i can't see it anymore from windows i can only see it through the Bios so i know its working just can't see in it windows

LawlessPPC
03-05-2009, 11:33 AM
during the install did you click customize? To select all options? Also you wont see the drive in windows because its formatted in hfs which is an unknown filesystem to windows.

Panda
03-05-2009, 05:06 PM
yeah i hit customize selected what best matched my PC specs i belive i chose the vanilla kernal do you think i should stick to Kalyway or should i try something else?