ahoytharmatey
03-17-2009, 07:45 AM
so here is my set up.

phenom 9950 black edition
msi k9a2 platinum 790fx chipset
4gb ram
500gb western digital hard drive
radeon 3650 video card

i have lawlessppc (which installs but i get kernel panics everytime i do something intensive, even just trying to open a zip file), iPC universal and iDeneb 10.5.6; none of the last 2 install with success. my question is, do any of you have this or a similar set up? which distro works best for this hardware?

also, when i have lawlessPPC installed, i tried to install the voodoo kernal ontop of it with success, but i still get kernel panics during the before mentioned activities. also, when i was able to install iPC (one time only) after the install waiting for the reboot, i immediatetly got a kernal panic referencing the voodoo kernel. any help? thanks alot.

p.s. even if i choose to install a different kernel, it still panics after the install saying to contact the voodoo dev team. thanks.

also, my instant message name is Transend2 on aol instant messenger.

ahoytharmatey
03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
i just figured it out! i got everything working perfectly. so for future information for anyone with the same set up or thinking about the same setup, here is how i went about it:

1) Install the amazing LawlessPPC distro and install all the drivers you need.

2) Get a copy of the iPC distro and burn a DVD of that or mount it within os x.

3) From within the iPC distro, install these kexts: seatbelt, appledecrypt, appleviaata, disabler, iousbfamily, iousbmassstorageclass, system, and the voodoo kernel. I know that some of these aren't 100% vital but im just giving what i did, because it worked.

4) Reboot your machine, and your up and running with no kernel panics and a smooth running os x machine on that nice phenom.

gtamotta
07-21-2009, 02:56 AM
Hello Man,
I have the same motherboar.
msi k9a2 platinum 790fx chipset, with phenom II 940 black edition, 8gb ram and HD 4850.
1 HD Sata 320 GB on SATA1 AND DVD on SATA2
BIOS in AHCI mode And 1 RAID 2xhd 1tb with vista.
I have trying instal LawlessPPC, and IDeneb v1.4 10.5.6.
I Install but, the system wont startup. Stop on Apple load screen.
If you have some bios, configuration or tips please.
Thanks.