PDA

View Full Version : No IDE/ATA drive, but only SATA

esz
03-27-2009, 12:17 PM
My specs:
Board: M3N78-EM (Nforce 7 series)
Kernel: Voodoo 9.5.0

I have a working installation. I boot into SATA drive, but my IDE-DVD is not detected. I have tried nforceata kext and jmicron kext from this page: http://code.google.com/p/darwin-ata/downloads/list, but still no ide.

After installation i had to delete the Gforce.kext and NVD*.kext to boot. Did i something wrong? I have installed OSX about 20 times till i got the trick to working and booting installation, but i need the DVD. Has someone an idea?

esz
03-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Yep. I cant change the resolution. I don't think that i will get any help here, so i reinstall and leave this "forum". bye

nunrg2009
03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
My specs:
Board: M3N78-EM (Nforce 7 series)
Kernel: Voodoo 9.5.0

I have a working installation. I boot into SATA drive, but my IDE-DVD is not detected. I have tried nforceata kext and jmicron kext from this page: http://code.google.com/p/darwin-ata/downloads/list, but still no ide.

After installation i had to delete the Gforce.kext and NVD*.kext to boot. Did i something wrong? I have installed OSX about 20 times till i got the trick to working and booting installation, but i need the DVD. Has someone an idea?
I have a gigabyte 965p-s3 motherboard and I have the same problem. All drives are detected at installation but when I boot, only my sata's show up and I have backups on my other drives. If you solve this could you let me know?

esz
03-28-2009, 07:31 PM
What smbios did you selected? i am using macpro smbios, but i will to try it with a different bios.

esz
03-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I have installed withou any smbios and my ide controller is working. but still no working graphic with geforce 8300 igp.

nunrg2009
03-29-2009, 05:55 AM
I installed the jMicron driver off the ipc disk and it fixed it. Did you try EFI studio for your geforce 8300? I used it with the leopard graphics update 1.0

Jeffrub1
04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
I have the same problem. I have a dual boot system so I booted into winblows and copied the packages I needed to a thumbdrive, but when I open them in Mac, they are EMPTY! Could someone please send me the jMicron package? I had a FULLY working 10.5.5, but so far with 10.5.6 I cannot get my ide drives detected...(and my DVD is IDE.)

nunrg2009
04-20-2009, 12:01 AM
I have the same problem. I have a dual boot system so I booted into winblows and copied the packages I needed to a thumbdrive, but when I open them in Mac, they are EMPTY! Could someone please send me the jMicron package? I had a FULLY working 10.5.5, but so far with 10.5.6 I cannot get my ide drives detected...(and my DVD is IDE.)
Just boot the disk up like you were installing but deselect everything but the jmicron driver. You have to wait forever for the disk to boot but after that it will install in like 5 seconds. I went back and did it a few times for things I ended up needing

DougTheImpaler
04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
For an AMD/ATi chipset (well, this worked for my SB600 anyway) you can extract the VIA-SB package from the LawlessPPC distro (from /System/Installation or /System/Library/Installation, I forget which - the System folder is hidden and you'll need an OS X box with a working DVD drive anyway) and install that and reboot.

What I did was I stuck the LawlessPPC DVD in my Macbook, hit Shift+Cmd+G to open the Go To Folder dialog, and typed /Volumes/(name of DVD)/System and then browsed, dragged the pkg to a thumb drive, plugged the thumb drive into my AMD machine, installed, and rebooted. Voila! See the second post fo this thread: http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/asus-m3a-motherboard-hang-on-reboot-after-install-t2630/

This will not help you Intel chipset guys, who need JMicron drivers, most likely.