PDA

View Full Version : Installation Succesful but keeps hanging at Apple screen

Wowaa
04-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I have installed iDeneb v.1.4 10.5.6 on my PC and the installation was going fine and succesful. But when I rebooted my PC [when the iDeneb DVD was still on the DVD-drive] it keeps hanging when I'm at the Apple logo and the loading image stops working after a little 1 minute. And after that paaaaf!! it doesn't go any further than just that stupid Apple logo with the loading bar which stops after 1 minute.
These are my system specs:
http://support.packardbell.com/global/item/?pn=PB80142986&g=1400
Look at the attachment below for the error which i get when i leave the apple screen for 5 minutes on.

lanceomni
04-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Welcome to InfiniteMac! :)

Always boot using the boot-flag -v as this will start you up in Verbose Mode and display useful information about the boot process. When the computer starts up you will see a screen that says Darwin and then it will count down. It is here that you will be able to press the requested key and enter these options.

* Try going into your BIOS and changing the SATA Mode from AHCI to IDE. I have also seen this reffered to as Legacy or AHCI Off.

Please add your system specs including your motherboard's chipset, if you can find it, to your signature as it will be added to every post. Its easier for you to do this once then all of us to look it up each time.

How to edit your signature: http://www.infinitemac.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_av atars

Wowaa
04-12-2009, 12:40 PM
I have only a SATA, RAID and ACHI option. So I can't change it to IDE.
Here are my specs:
Proccesor: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+
Motherboard: Moederbord ID nVidia MCP78
Chipset: AMD Hammer DDR2 IMC
Video Card: nVidia 8800GT
And I have also a SSE2 PC. So I don't know which drivers/patches/fixes and kernel i have to select?

lanceomni
04-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I have only a SATA, RAID and ACHI option. So I can't change it to IDE.

Then you will select SATA if it is not already selected. Just make sure its not set to ACHI

Wowaa
04-12-2009, 03:15 PM
But when I do that there comes a stop icon in the apple logo. And -v loads then also not.

toxic64
05-19-2009, 10:05 PM
then try safe mode - x It Worked for me.
Anyhow I still can't figure why I can't boot iDeneb in normal mode as -v shows nothing wrong....any Idea