Presario F579WM

AMD 64 X2 1.7
1GB ram
120 SATA HDD
DVDRW ( not sure if its SATA )
MCP51 NForce
Geforce go 6150

I have tried
Kalaway ( worked once then had to resart and never booted again)
Ideneb (waiting for root device)
LawlessPPC (stuck in various spots)
LEO4ALL (waiting for ROOT device or SATA reset done )
iPC ( forgot what happened)

I got Kalaway to install the one time then after the install it wouldnt go through the same motion again.

Any suggestion what to try.
I was trying to perform some patches but with PowerISO I cannot for the life of me extract files from ISO and modify, it stops copying when it gets to the fonts and the HFS folder.

Thanks
Jon

lanceomni
04-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Still waiting for root device
This is generally one of three things:
1. If you are using PATA (The old IDE Ribbon Cable Drives) you will want to make sure that the drive you are installing to is set to MASTER via the jumpers and the actual drive itself. Id also recommend that you have the drive on the cable's first connector.

2. If you are using SATA drives try going into the BIOS and changing the SATA Mode from AHCI to IDE.

3. Chipset related. If your booting the install disk and are getting this issue and the first two do not fix the problem its probably chipset related. In the case of SATA, some motherboards have more than one SATA control and so one or the other may be compatible. You can check your user manual or online to see if this is the case and then plug into the appropriate connector.

Jonnn21
04-06-2009, 06:58 PM
This bios gives NO options for changing anything whatsoever.

I redownloaded Kalyway and burnt at 4x speed
I used -v cpus=1 and all I get is Unexpected acknowledge from ps/2 controller

I have a usb keyboard and mouse plugged in as well.

lanceomni
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I have searched your system and have not really found any fixes. Thats not to say they are not out there. If I come across an answer Ill let you know.

xXrkidXx
04-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Try iPC 10.5.6 Final PPF4
i know on Demonoid theres a prepatched version.(hoping im allowed to use torrenting site names) And use the Voodoo Kernal, not sure which version. Hope that helps!