PDA

View Full Version : Need help with iATKOS 5i customization on laptop...here are system specs

shafiqdms
04-07-2009, 04:21 AM
Ok, I have been re-installing iatkos 5i for almost 4 times now, and it always does not work. Like, it installs successfully, and when i boot it up, the grey screen with the apple logo comes, the loading circle also comes, but after a couple of seconds, it crashes (the loading circle stops loading), so I decided that something was wrong with my customization (maybe I wasnt selecting the right things), so I decided to come here and list my specs:

Gateway Laptop:

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Q106/BladeC/1009030sp2.shtml

please tell me what to pick during customization. I desperately need help.

Thanks in advance

mitchellkza
04-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Only 5 installs :eek: I did approx 30 with different options each time to find the perfect combination

It's important to document your installs, document each and every step and then makes notes of the results each time. This was the only way I narrowed my installs down to a perfect working installation and took away ANY guess work.

To do this draw up a spreadsheet with all the install options listed in column1 and then use additional columns for making check marks for each install, trust me this is the only way you can track what is going on and it's well worth the effort.

I eventually found FASSL to be the most stable Kernel on my system and as I say that took me approximately 30 attempts to 100% confirm it's the best kernel for my setup, the rest of the installs were messing with different video driver combos, bios, acpi drivers etc. I also found that Nvidia>Natit was the best driver for my video card (GEforce 9800 GT).

Hope this helps you to get a working install. Another thing, format your drive as GUID partition type with Disk Utility, it works way better than MBR partition types.