PDA

View Full Version : iPC 10.5.6 Blue screen on acer aspire

KusariNinja
04-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Hiya guys and gals

I have searched all over the forum but not been able to find an answer to my problem.

I have an Acer Aspire 5630 laptop,
Intel core 2 duo 1.66ghz, (T5500)
Memory 4GB
HD 500GB SATA (partitioned into 4 sections, window recovery, Vista premium, Data, and Macos)
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated controller
intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG
Intel 82801 GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) Chipset for Sata/usb
Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset
Realtek High Def Audio (supposedly)

I managed to boot the live dvd after setting some of the flags such as maxem to 3gb, legacy, -v -f etc etc at the darwin bootloader. Some things don't work but then I was not expecting it to anyway not straight from a livedisk but was pleasently surprised that it was working nevertheless.

So I though I'd do a real install.

When installing it all seems to install ok, but when it reboots i get greeted with a lovely blue screen. I recall seeing this mentioned before but can't find that info.

If memory serves me correctly it's to do with smbios and or graphics driver?

Not had chance to change these yet as always busy plus i have to scout around a bit more here to get the information on single user mode access and stuff as it's been a while since i set up my phenom system.

Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated

Kindest Regards all

KusariNinja

lanceomni
04-07-2009, 09:38 PM
What did you choose for graphics during install? Choosing the wrong option or multiple options will generally cause problems. I recommend not selecting anything as this will still give you default 1024x768 graphics and better your chance of getting into OSX.

KusariNinja
04-08-2009, 02:16 PM
i installed no graphics for that exact reason. i learnt that from my phenom install heehee

erick2red
04-08-2009, 03:13 PM
but however those native from MacOSX get installed, no?
so go single user mode so you erase (aka backup) those....

KusariNinja
04-10-2009, 11:34 AM
very good suggestion though i have to get the keyboard working first lol, i think i need the ps/2 fix seeing as it's a laptop keyboard. though i can access the drive with macdrive on the vista side of the laptop so i guess i can butcher it from there heehee. can't make it any worse ;)

KusariNinja
04-11-2009, 04:43 PM
well i removed all osx native graphics drivers, added ps/2 fix, removed the extensions.kext repaired permissions etc via install dvd's disk util (still can't use kb in single user) and still blue screen..

addition: well the saying goes If at first you don't succeed then try try again, and failing that cheat! ;) I know the live dvd booted okay and worked on the laptop so I booted up the live dvd os, renamed the extensions folder and deleted the mkext from the installed os, copied over the extensions folder and assosciated mkext from the live os over to hd and rebooted... Voila, working graphics albeit a lowest res possible on the laptop screen but hey it's a start :)

bonfilio
06-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Not sure what the fix is (found this thread because I'm looking) but the blue screen doesn't have anything to do with graphic drivers. It's a maxmem/too much memory problem. I've got 8gb and without maxmem I hit the blue screen on an otherwise perfect installation. However, if I maxmem 2 or 3gb, it's fine. 4gb is no good.

Off the top of my head.. 4gb addressing limit. Is there some PAE thing needed?