PDA

View Full Version : Newb Support -I need help.

ShakyBadger
04-08-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm pretty new to this so please excuse me if I missed something completely obvious, but I've downloaded the Kalyway install disc, and proceeded to burn it and attempt to install it onto my blank 150gig hdd. No luck. At somepoint after the installation begins it just reboots my computer. I'm under the assumption that this occurs because I didn't add the required kexts to it before I burnt the CD. Main problem is I'm not sure what kexts I need or even what a kext it, I'm assuming my lack of knowladge of kexts is because they're a mac specific file. If anyone could possibly point me in the right direction as to what kexts are or even just which ones I need and how to install them to my boot disc for burning that would be more then excellent. I have done a bit of searching about kexts and what I might need but everytime I search I come up with less then helpful information. My rig's specs are in the sig. Thanks and thanks again.

It also turns out that i get the dreaded "Still waiting on root device" but above that a few lines up it mentions...
Can't determine immediate dependencies for extension org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2nub
Can't determine dependencies for extension org.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2nub

I'm under the assumption that those errors are from my PS2 mouse and keyboard.. and that possibly installing different kexts might solve this issue?

As well as the Kalyway install I've tried one of the JaS releases aswell, and that one seems to work a bit better, or at least it gets me to the above problem with the ps2 devices.