PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: Acer Travelmate 4720, iATKOSv5i

nqsonk9
04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi guys, I failed to fully run iATKOSv5i, if you've the same problem or happen to know how to make it work with the same machine, please read this post.

After installing iATKOSv5i into my Travelmate 4720, I experienced the following problem:

- First time booting (I successfully dual-boot between Win7 and Leopard), everything seem to be allrite: Leopard work smoothly and video seems perfect (except Lan and wifi doesn't work at all but it's just the second thing to solve). Win7 went alrite too.

- When I'm in Mac and reboot back to Mac, it's fine too but when I'm in Win then reboot to Mac, Mac wont boot anymore. It came thru the white screen with apple logo and rolling spin then stuck in to a, I don't know how to correctly describe it but it's a white screen with purple veins - look like the VGA card's gone down ! I tried to reboot several times, the weird thing is sometimes instead of white purple veined screen, i've got user error (i see it when issued -v at Darwin boot). I've tried -x, do some desperated commands at -s, go "graphics mode=1024x768x32@60" but no work at all :(

- I want to insist on the point that the problem only happen when I boot to win then restart to Mac (believe me, I re-install it ... like 10 times ... to give that conclusion. I don't think my video card cause this because in the first boot, everything's fine with highest resolution, video and DVD works great too. Really think that booting to Win did do something with the Mac system files or the Mac partifion.

I boot with -s then go >fsck, it said system files had problems and successfully fixed them but unfortunately, after that it still stucked at the white purple veined screen T_T

=== Here's my machine configuration:
- Motherboard GM965 - Southbridge ICH8-ME
- Intel T7500
- VGA Intel X3100

=== Here's what I've been thru to install iATKOSv5i
- 8G partition formated as Mac extended
- Customization:
Kernel> the last and bigest one, sorry don't remember its name (btw, can anyone tell me the differences between them?). The other two, I've tried to install yet but Mac could run without
Patch>x86 ACPI (for keyboard to work);
Driver>Graphics Update + Intel X3100 (for VGA to work);
System>Laptop battery (work perfectly, can't live without it)

=== Dual Boot:
- Installation completed
- Re-put DVD in
- F8 -> -s -> Enter
- Command:
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
flag 1
quit
reboot
- Boot to Windows
- Copy chain0 file from DVD to C:\
- CMD ->
bcdedit /copy {current} /d “Mac OS X”
bcdedit /enum active
bcdedit /set {GUID} PATH \chain0
(where {current} is {current} and {GUID} is {what-you-see-after-the-2nd-command}

Okie, anyone have an idea :)? Did I go any wrong step?

nqsonk9
04-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi guys, I come to update this thread.

I tried to instal iATKOS v5i one more time and this time using Voodoo kernel. Nothing's changed, same error when I restart from Win to Mac.

However, I found a way to get back to Mac by issuing fsck -fy when boot Darwin wih -s. Each time the same error appear, I have to re-run this command, quite nooby but at least I can use Mac now.

Anyone has any better solution, please feel free to buzz out.

Thanks.