PDA

View Full Version : Try Nvidia NATIT for Higher End Video Cards

mitchellkza
04-13-2009, 12:39 PM
I have done over 30 installs with various combinations on my Intel i7 DX58SO motherboard with a GEForce 9800 GT (1GB) video card and documented my results each time. On only 4 of those installs did I get a stable working system but often only full video resolution without Quartz Extreme.

My very last install, the one I am using now full time, I eventually chose the Nvidia>Natit driver and immediately I had a perfectly working graphics card. Try Natit it might just be your solution, often everyone keeps carrying on about NVKush, NvInject and NVDarwin but seldom do I ever see people speaking about Natit and it seems to be the real deal for a higher end Nvidia card.

This is referring to an iATKOS 5i (10.5.5) installation. Your options under video drivers would be:
- Graphics Update
- NVidia> NATIT (not the other NATIT higher up the drivers tree)

I hope this might help someone. My card is only recognised as a 512MB card but it works like a beast and I am happy to leave it there for now without fiddling any further, I'm sure getting it to recognise it as 1GB with full hardware acceleration and Quartz Extreme would not be a mammoth task but I am taking a break from broken installs and kernel panics, I need to get some work done :D

CyCLoBoT
04-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Have you tried using EFI string for the video card? I have a 512MB card and it works just fine without having to use any injector kexts.