PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing on my Phenom x4 BE

ShakyBadger
04-14-2009, 10:32 PM
PC specs in signature.:rolleyes:

I've downloaded several distros, so right now I have..
Kalyway 10.5.2
iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5
iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6
JaS OSx85 10.5.4 - Client/Server
and last but not least..
LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phenom&AMD

The distros are pretty much listed in the order I downloaded and attempted to install them. All of the distros give me the "Still waiting for root" error, one of them, I believe the kalyway distro gives an error about dependicies for ACPIPS2nub. And I am under the assumption it's because I am using a PS2 mouse and keyboard.

Only recently I read somewhere on these forums I believe it was that the EFI v8 distros would not work with Phenom processors for whatever reason. So then I eventually found my way to the "remix" of Zephyroth's release and it sounded promising as it is directed towards Phenom users.

About my set-up.
I have Windows XP on my WD500gig HDD.
I used GParted Live to wipe out my old dell 150gig HDD, and then used the windows command line to use the DISKPART utility and had to activate the partition on the Dell HDD, that was done via some other tutorial I rummaged through, but if that was counter-active then let me know how I can fix that.
Both HDDs are SATA.
As far as disk drives go I have a Sony DVD-RW I have been using to burn everything at 4x speeds (~ 5kb/s)

Using LawlessPPC:
So now that is out of the way, When I boot up my PC to attempt to boot the install from the DVD images I have, I hit F8 and it prompts me with the Darwin prompt and it says

HD(31,1) LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phen&AMD

and that is the only possible item to select, which is presumably fine, but I thought the HD(X,Y) was supposed to Signify the HardDrive(Disk, Partition) and if that is the case then the (31,1) doesnt make any sense, it should be (1,1) assuming that is my Dell HDD and my WD-HDD would be at (0,1) or at least thats pretty much how it all appeared in the DISKPART utility under the windows command prompt.

So anayway I select HD(31,1) LawlessPPC-Leo-10.5.4-Phen&AMD and then run usually under verbose mode so I can see whats going on. The Lawless release then loads a bunch of files which I am assuming are Chameleon, and the other programs the release notes said are auto installed. Then it displays the same verbose screen the other distros display, but when it hangs on the root error this time, the lines I assume are problematic are these:

Waiting on boot volume with UUID 5AD4DB42-2076-B875-1DCED751B8

and

Waiting on <Dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><String ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</ket><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

The only sense I can make of the second line is it's waiting for some input that it isn't recieving, and those are the associated inputs and their strings.. or something to that extent.

I believe an issue of mine might be in my BIOs settings. I've read many places that the position of the DVD drive, and the HDD make a difference, and it helps if the HDD is IDE but I dont have any IDD hdds. I can't seem to figure out which SATA port is designated as the primary master or slave and things of that nature, I used trial and error but never could get my HDDs up to
"Master 0:" i believe its called.. in my bios settings if i recall correctly the slots are labeled as follows:

Master 0, Slave 0, Master 1, Slave 1, Master 2, Slave 2, Master 3, Slave 3.

I've read that the Primary master and Primary slave settings matter, but in my bios settings I dont recall having any choices for Primary Master at all, it's just slots designated similiar to those listed above.

I am relatively computer savvy, but I can't for the life of me figure this out. I will write and edit my own software if it is necessary to get OS X on my PC, but I dont know where to start with that one either, so pointers in that direction might be useful aswell.

Thanks for all your time and I really appreciate you reading this long ass message, I tried to break it up sectionally a little bit to try to help readability. Thanks, thanks, and thanks again for any insight you might have into my dilemma. If theres anything else I forgot to mention feel free to ask, I'm avidly working on this issue so I check the forums frequently.

DougTheImpaler
04-18-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm a little farther along than you - on my AMD 770 board with the SB600 southbridge, I had to enable AHCI mode for the SATA controller, and even then only some of the distros I downloaded (iPC and XxX) could boot and install. But I'm hanging on a reboot, so I'm afraid if you get as far as me we'll be stuck together. :p

renodude18
04-24-2009, 04:10 AM
Hello, i too have a amd phenom desktop and am looking for a way to install mac os x on my pc, so i have found out that for some reason sata dosen't work with it. it might just be our processors because i was getting the same thing too then i put my old 160GB IDEi was able to get to the install but then was confronted with "AMD 10.5.4 package unable to be verified"? here are what i have tried so far:
XxX mac os x tiger 10.4.11 for amd/ intel = only for intel and wouldn't work on another intel machine
iatkos v4i mac os x 10.5.4 leopard which gave the unable to verify package!

if you can try AN IDE drive and it might help
I'm downloading ideneb mac os x 10.5.5 leopard

please post if you get anything working! thanks

Fleasus
06-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Enabling AHCI mode allowed me to get allot further into the install process on my AMD based pc.

Phenom x4 black edition
Asus M2N
4gb OCZ
2 x 500gb sata2 drives
BFG 9800 gtoc pcieThanks,
Flea