PDA

View Full Version : OS X on LG R400

osxisawesome
04-18-2009, 12:51 PM
I have a LG R400 with the following specs:

- ATI X2300 Graphic Card (128 MB VRAM)
- 1.86GHz Intel Core2Duo Processor T2130
- 2.5GB of Kingston RAM

I was wondering if anyone has managed to install OS X Leopard or Tiger on their LG R400 and if they encountered any problems (I know some people had the keyboard problem but I dont mind that for now). If you have managed to do it could you tell me the OS X distro that you used (e.g. Kalyway etc.) and what all problems you encountered. Also what all patches etc you selected under the 'Customize' window when installing.

Thanks

*I have tried iDeneb v1.3 and iDeneb v1.4 before, both have been unsuccessful.

osxisawesome
04-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Ok, so I tried to do an install on the external HD and I only selected the essential stuff in the customize part and i selected my video driver (ati x2300) and i selected my wifi (atheros ar5007eg). But when I rebooted after the successful install screen it got stuck on the apple loading screen for a very long time and never progressed. Please help. This is all in iDeneb v1.4. I didnt select a kernel either (there were 4 options: sleep, voodoo, speedstep and one other, not vanilla) nor a chipset, didnt know which one to choose.

tdtran1025
05-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Your notebook has am Intel GMAx4500HD, which is a little tricky to boot.
You need to boot it -x -v flags to get it into safe mode @ 1024x768. Then you need to find a kext for that video chipset. I think I saw its link posted somewhere.
Regardless, what you need to do go back to windows, then device manager to find out what components and chipset your machine has and then go back OSX install and select those components. Then boot into safe mode as described above. Then install the video kext. You'll be OK.