PDA

View Full Version : AMD Dual Core Issue

Turi
04-23-2009, 01:00 AM
Hi guys,

I installed iPC succesfully with everything working succesfully.

However i have to run with one core only (boot with -y cpus=1).

If i boot normally the system gives me a kernel panic. :'(

Is there a Dual Core fix of some sort? I've been searching a while but to no success!

iPC 10.5.6 Final, VoodooKernel 9.5.0 and XNU Rev1.0A
AMD Athlon X2 4200+
DFI LANPARTY NF4 Ultra
7800GT QE/CI enabled
Wifi Enabled with TPLINK (AR5424 chipset)

Any help please guys? Any more information i'll provide to the best of my ability!

Thanks

Sam

Turi
04-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Any ideas?

I did find that if i booted with, idlehalt=0, i dont see a kernel panic but the system freezes up.

I'm also moving the system to a larger drive, since the partition i was using was only 30gb, see if that helps. Read Leopard uses a lot of VM.

Any other ideas? :-/

costelo2000
04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
For me worked Leo4allv4.1. Leo10.5.4

but itunes, quicktime crash and now itunes does not loads it's shows the window with reload, ignore buttons... Before crash itunes crashed if I loaded mp3 direct from hard drive but if i drag the mp3 it was playing well. could did be because I installed wrong the video driver 9600GSO 384 but has only 320? any idea why>?

Turi
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
For me worked Leo4allv4.1. Leo10.5.4

but itunes, quicktime crash and now itunes does not loads it's shows the window with reload, ignore buttons... Before crash itunes crashed if I loaded mp3 direct from hard drive but if i drag the mp3 it was playing well. could did be because I installed wrong the video driver 9600GSO 384 but has only 320? any idea why>?

What i've learnt so far is, choosing incorrect drivers can be a problem. Its not the best idea.

You want to narrow the problem down as much as possible. Use bare minimum drivers and build it up slowly from there. Add one a time and see if any problems occur.

And it would help if you posted some system specifications?

----

I moved my system successfully to a larger drive. It took longer to crash the system (Say 35min runnin whilst running firefox this time with idlehalt=0 otherwise it crashes within seconds).

Any more ideas? Im running low =(

costelo2000
04-26-2009, 04:23 PM
my problems started to apear after I updated from apple. on clean install leo4allv4.1 works ok, no crashes. I got my Nvidia 9600 GSO 384MB working with GFX strings and aqua's nvidia kext for Leo10.5.4. I would like to update my leo

1 crash I had after the mac os was running from the morning and happened in the internet brownser Safari. another day also in safari.

I have a AMD X2 2.9 Ghz (5600+), with mobo 790G and sb700 chipset, Nvidia 9600GSO 384M, 2G ram, 2 SATA(ide mode) (1 windows , 1 mac os). I pata DVD-writer not working in Mac OS, 1 usb DVD-writer that works in MAC OS. usb keyboard.

I have a TV tunner Winfast 2000 XP , can be made working in mac os ?
I would love to have something to measure the temperature of my nvidia GPU and AMD CPU in MAC OS.