PDA

View Full Version : AppleUserClient.kext kernl panic after software update

sshafer
04-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey, i'm a newbie to this forum and osx86 I just completed my first installation on a Dell Dimension 8300 Intel 2.4ghz p4 using iAtkos (blanking on the version #, I assume the latest non-beta). I used the bootloader that said I could use software update (IPV4 or something) but after completing a software update and restarting the system now kernel panics about 10 seconds into the apple logo progress indicator. giving me this error message when i restart with -v a link/load error occured for kernel extension /system/library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext. Any thoughts from the genius bar on how to solve this issue?

I don't know if it matters but when it restarts at the f8 option it says Darwin x86 Chameleon bootloader? even if I didn't use chameleon?

sshafer
04-25-2009, 05:32 PM
ok i have been retrying for a couple of installations now with diferent configuration settings now i have a new problem... it boots just fine but after a while a cross out displays over the apple logo and if i try to reboot with -v it says still waiting for root device after awhile. any thoughts?

Taisto
04-26-2009, 12:29 PM
In most cases i guess, it`s caused by wrong chipset drivers. What chipset do you have ? Have you tried checking it`s support in customization step, during the installation ?