jamobinge
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Hi guys,

I have an Acer Aspire 6930G Laptop with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz
Realtek HD ALC880 Sound
Artheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Built in LAN
Intel Wifi link 5100 AGN Wireless
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 1024MB Graphics (Vendor ID: 10DE, Device ID: 0649)
4GB DDR2 RAM

I've installed using IPC 10.5.6 distro and not using any of the kexts except:

AttansicL1eEthernet.kext

I can get the audio working with the VoodooHDA.kext available from:
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,234.0.html

However, i cannot get LAN, Wireless or Graphics to work. My lan and wireless are not being detected by any of the kexts that i have found so far, even though the attansicl1eethernet kext should work.

My graphics is a bit weird. I can run only in VESA at 1024x768, without and qe/ci or resolution changes.

I have tried:

NVKush
NVInject
NVdarwin
EFI Strings
Adding my device ID to NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext

None of these work and when I install them, Leo boots up, past all of the grey apple logo with a black screen, which does not function and does not proceed any further even after half an hour.

I tried connecting an external monitor to the VGA on my laptop but this does not work either, even when restarting with it plugged in.

Any help on the LAN, Wireless or Graphics would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks for your time

ScouseLFC
04-27-2009, 11:37 PM
hey i have the same laptop running god knows what haha anyway
how do you install drivers? do you boot off dvd and install them that way? or is hter an easier way
Cheers
Oliver

jamobinge
04-28-2009, 01:16 AM
Yeah oliver, i just selected the drivers from the customise menu on the dvd. Still waiting for anyone to help us out here :)

ScouseLFC
04-28-2009, 11:10 AM
which drivers have you used for the wifi and audio.... iv tried most of them the other thing is is there anyway of installing the drivers without booting off the dfvd and doing it that way?

milanca
04-28-2009, 12:23 PM
hi jamobinge,

things for you are like this. unfortunately more bad than good news, but after all it is very much possible to make your laptop run OSX just fine and with network connection. At least you will know what you have to deal with.

Your LAN and WiFi are NOT supported under OSX. I have the same situation with my Sony VAIO FW serie only my graphic card isn't supported also and yours is. So you have unsupported lan and wifi but supported graphics, which is great, cause it still makes your laptop usable with CI/QE and i am still waiting for ati hd 3450 driver.

I am not absolutely (but very much) sure about your ethernet card. So far, it doesnt work. You can't replace it either. Your wi-fi, i am absolutely sure, isn't working, and i don't think it will. But it is replacable. It is a mini Pci-express card, as easy to replace as a ram module in any laptop; take it out, put new one in the slot, click and its in. You can find mini-pci-e cards with broadcom chip on ebay for around 10-15 eur. So it is possible to make your network working at least wireless which is much better for the laptops than ethernet.

Graphic 9600M is supported. Try to remove all the graphical injectors. This card works jut with efi string (i heard that using injectors just make things harder and it doesn;t work). Try to make efi string with EFIstudio or just search for a proper, working string for your card (pay attention on amount of RAM, nvram string).

After all, as i said, this could be a great laptop with OSX. It is true it requires some work to make network working but with C2D, 4Gb ram, 9600M you could have a real macbook pro clone.

Take care dude, i hope i've put some light on your issue.

jamobinge
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
@scouse, as milanca has said below, i cannot get the wifi working at all and it will not work unless i get a new adapter. The audio on the other hand does work. I used the VoodooHDA.kext. This is available from:

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

Good luck

@milanca: Hi, thanks for your reply. Guess i'll just have to wait for Snow Leopard to see if I ever get my lan working :) . For my graphics, i have already tried the efi string method using efi studio, without any injectors and the latest stock kexts. Also tried doing this and adding my device ID to nvdaresman.kext and nvdahal50.kext. Every thing just boots up into OS X with a black screen. Ive tried turning my screen brightness up, plugging in an external monitor, opening and closing the lid and pressing the power button. It is not in standby, it just seems to be stopping when it needs to display the graphics. I think that it is probably displaying it in qe/ci behind this black screen but something is wrong somewhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your time

jamobinge
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi guys, managed to get my graphics working. Also, bought a DLINK DWL-G122 wireless adapter, which I can use to get wireless.

As suggested by scouse, the 9600M GT is natively supported, but you need the right native drivers (kexts). I got mine from aquamac. They are available here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/200270372/10.5.6_Leopard_Std_Nvidia_Drivers.zip

I downloaded and installed all updates before installing any of these. I removed all injectors and efi strings. I then created the following plist file with OSX86 Tools. It is designed for a 9600M GT with 1024MB of memory.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>
<data>
</data>
<key>@0,built-in</key>
<data>
</data>
<key>@0,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@0,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@0,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
<key>@0,use-backlight-blanking</key>
<data>
</data>
<key>@1,can-hot-plug</key>
<data>
</data>
<key>@1,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@1,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@1,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
<key>NVCAP</key>
<data>
0400000000000d00400000000000000700000000
</data>
<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
<data>
0x40000000
</data>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,parent</string>
<key>model</key>
<string>NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT</string>
<key>rom-revision</key>
<string>test</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I then converted this into hex using OSX86 tools and added it apple.com.boot.plist.

After installing the above drivers and efi string and rebooting i have full qe/ci and resolution changes.

Thanks to everyone on the board...

milanca
04-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Great, that was what i suggested.. Nice! happy using your Mac ;-)

radioheadvegan
07-23-2009, 07:19 PM
hi, im still in trouble with the video card, im on iatkos 10 5 7 and the drivers (on the last post) is only compatible with 10 5 6
:'(

how could i resolve the problem

Gurruwiwi
07-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Easy!

Follow my tutorial, link on my sig.

cheers!

radioheadvegan
07-27-2009, 12:37 AM
thanksssss !!!! video card = ok !

DSL-man
11-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Hello

i have a Acer9630 G with NV 9600m GS 512MB -
my internal Display run only with 1024x768 without QE.
i have tried some injectors, efi strings.. but i cant get no high resolution and no QE.

i need some help

( distro is ideneb 10.5.7)