PDA

View Full Version : Heat?

Tical04
04-26-2009, 05:21 AM
Hello infinitemac as this is my first post!! BUt i have one question and mind you i am a noob still. Im a mac user i own and work with macs and i decided i wanted to build a hackintosh.

So i built a core i7 920 (clocked to 3.2ghz stock cooler), Gigabyte ex58-ud4p, xfx 9800gtx black edition, 3x2GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-24,

now my iatkos_5i 10.5.5 config 9.5.0 fassl kernal, pc efi v9, and various drivers that description were related to my hardware, but had to remove appleintelpowermanagment.kext so it wont kernal panic at apple screen. and ive seem to make everything thing work except quartz extreme(would like to get that to work).

and my vanilla was done with the patcher from this thread on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149505&st=0 patcher that worked very well but the heat? is there no end to it lol? even the maker of the patcher temps ran prime95 full load at 89 (3.8ghz) and again no quartz extreme but graphics works fine

My vista 64-bit runs very cool at 27-35 idle 50-56 full load my iatkos config and my vanilla install run 45-51 idle and 80-85 full load? and is there away to get quartz extreme?

thanks

costelo2000
04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
the temperature may be lower if not using the stock cooler and for the quartz extreme may help this link http://pcwizcomputer.com/osx86tools/

Tical04
04-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Hmmm well yes im still on the stock cooler and those are the temps. LOL i can tell which OS is running by how hot the exhaust air is....lol. In which i plan to upgrade my cooler next month when i get my new monitor. but this still bothers me why such a huge temp difference vs my pc and mac side?

Thanks i was able to use osx86 tools utility to get quartz Gl.... extreme however is still not active but i guess u can have it all?

now on that note ive also noticed the temps on my gpu but it feels hotter as well on os X then vista

Is this normal between all hackintoshs??? or did i miss some kext or somthing that can help????