02-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Hello, I have successfuly installed Zeph's Rev 1 dvd on my AMD rig:

Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Chipset: nForce4
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 3600+
RAM: 1gb
video: nVidia GeForce 7900gs PCI-e
Hard Drive: 80 GB Seagate Barracuda IDE 7200PRM

The installation hs gone well with everything else, so it's not my setup that's doing it.

When I booted for the first time, it asked me to create my account, I filled out all of my information, but then it would hang while creating my account, and a reboot in single user mode seems to show that the account has been created, but when I try to login using my user account, the desktop does start to load, and then the bottom widget shows up, but the 'finder' menus don't, and I'm then immediately kicked out of the desktop back to the login screen. I have enabled the root account to see if that would work, but when I try to login with that, my system crashes.

I have deleted the GeForce kexts, removed the extensions.mkext, but I'm still getting this problem. I've tried booting in save mode with -x bootflag option, cpus=1 and -legacy -v, the problem still happens. I'eve even disabled all my ethernet, parrellel and SATA ports, and made sure RAID was disabled in the BIOS. I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help?

LohnenNicht
02-13-2008, 10:10 PM
bump

LohnenNicht
02-13-2008, 10:54 PM
no replies?

edgargoncalves
04-24-2008, 10:43 PM
I second your issue, with some different settings. I have the same motherboard, but I have installed Zeph's Rev 2. I then did the Time Machine update, and boom, instant reboot on load. Replaced System.kext and mac_kernel with patched, and I got to your situation. The only thing I got new is that I deleted /var/db/.AppleSetupDone (booting with -s) and then I got to create a new account. However, I cannot see the menu, and when I load any application, the apple menu appears but won't let log out. also right menu items aren't there, except for spotlight... All programs work, except for some estrange things - like disabling auto-login, wich freezes up the window. Then I do the first reboot, and guess what - I'm stuck with the new account dancing between logging in, showing up the dock and logging out - over and over again...

One thing I did other than the update was to disable the gameport of the motherboard on the BIOS. but I've enabled them again with no avail...

I'd really like to know what's going on - I mean, I should now be able to back up all my data, and reinstall, but I want to know what caused this in the first place, so that I won't do it again unintentionally. Any clues out there?