PDA

View Full Version : I screwed up... BIG TIME

xXrkidXx
04-27-2009, 02:25 AM
WTF! My mac wont boot, i edited some kext files, installed AppleHDA.kext(cause i didnt have it) got half way through repairng permissions, realizing that i forgot to do a step(was following a guide to get my soundcard working) and rebooted, now It takes forever to boot, and when it gets to the blue screen it freezes!!! i tried to boot single user and remove the AppleHDA kext but it says no file or directory exists, but i went step by step and eveything else says its real!!!! HELP!

andyvand
04-27-2009, 09:18 PM
WTF! My mac wont boot, i edited some kext files, installed AppleHDA.kext(cause i didnt have it) got half way through repairng permissions, realizing that i forgot to do a step(was following a guide to get my soundcard working) and rebooted, now It takes forever to boot, and when it gets to the blue screen it freezes!!! i tried to boot single user and remove the AppleHDA kext but it says no file or directory exists, but i went step by step and eveything else says its real!!!! HELP!
If AppleHDA.kext isn't present anymore in /S/L/E...
Still remove /System/Library/Extensions.mkext in single user mode...
It will be cached there... or boot with -v -f and give me more info... (skips caches + verbose)

xXrkidXx
04-28-2009, 12:40 AM
i cant boot -v AND -f(chameleon 2.0), if i remove the mkext file, should i boot into my DVD and repair permissions? or should i just remove the file?

costelo2000
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
try -s if not working the boot from DVD wait to get the graphic mode with the install then choose terminal and remove the extensions.kext , repair permissions and restart. good luck

i cant boot -v AND -f(chameleon 2.0), if i remove the mkext file, should i boot into my DVD and repair permissions? or should i just remove the file?