PDA

View Full Version : unalbe to install iatkos in my pc

saidutt2qt
05-01-2009, 10:32 PM
hi frineds,
i am saidutt.
i hav downloaded the iatkos 5i from torrents and first tried on my friends pc. its working fine. but when i am booting that in my pc,i pressed enter to boot from dvd its reading the dvd for a while and just keep saying loading and its not moving to the mac logo screen even after a long time. but when i pressed enter in my friends system the installation worked fine. plzz help me to figure this out.

Here is my sys config:
processor: intel core 2 duo 4400@2ghz
motherboard intel DG965RY
RAM: 4GB(2x2GB)
hdd:500GB
graphics:nVidia geforce 9500GT 1GB graphic card

friend help me plzzz..
i am very much intrested in nistalling this. plzz help me..

i forgot to say..
when i tried the previous version the also i faced the same error. but when i used -v then is showing
"Still waiting for root device"

my hdd is sata and my dvd drive is IDE moser baer.

plzz help me out.

xXrkidXx
05-02-2009, 12:22 AM
just wondering here but, did you even look in this forum before posting? there is a Whole Sticked thread about this, http://www.infinitemac.com/f5/possible-solutions-for-still-waiting-for-root-device-t1467/

it is also the very first thread on the page, I understand you are new here, and that I made mistakes like this when I was new, it is okay, but please look before posting next time, that link up there should fix it for you :)

saidutt2qt
05-02-2009, 12:32 AM
ya i have seen that but that was the error that i found in the installation of previous version but now i am asking for the iatkos 5i. plzz help me... even in that link i couldnt understand the solution #4 that wat we have to do? can u plzz explain that if that was the thing i need to do..

xXrkidXx
05-02-2009, 12:34 AM
I really never had this problem so I have no help to really offer... im sorry :(
I just saw this thread and thought you might be able to fix it from there