PDA

View Full Version : USB Keyboard Memory Allocation Error at Boot

pvanliew
05-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi All,

I recently just touched up my new iDeneb 1.4 Installation of 10.5.6 with the Voodoo 9.5 kernel running on an AMD x2 after much plist modifying and hex editing and the like, and everything is perfect thanks to all that i've learned from the community... except...

With a PS2 mouse and keyboard everything boots fine...
but when I plug in a Mac/USB keyboard, before darwin x86 even gets a chance to load, I get: Memory Allocation Error 0x8000

So... any ideas why?

This is on a crappy HP 5850 so I don't have all those BIOS optinos for legacy USB support or USB Keyboard enable or anything that might help, so... ?

Thanks for the help...

andyvand
05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi All,

I recently just touched up my new iDeneb 1.4 Installation of 10.5.6 with the Voodoo 9.5 kernel running on an AMD x2 after much plist modifying and hex editing and the like, and everything is perfect thanks to all that i've learned from the community... except...

With a PS2 mouse and keyboard everything boots fine...
but when I plug in a Mac/USB keyboard, before darwin x86 even gets a chance to load, I get: Memory Allocation Error 0x8000

So... any ideas why?

This is on a crappy HP 5850 so I don't have all those BIOS optinos for legacy USB support or USB Keyboard enable or anything that might help, so... ?

Thanks for the help...
And if you plug in the keyboard after boot?

pvanliew
05-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Well the problem therein lies with the fact that sometimes I have to hit a key on the keyboard for it to progress past
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOService</string><key>BSD Name</key><string ID="2">disk0s2</string></dict>
and start loading from the hard drive. I've tried putting rd=disk0s2 and even the UUID into the boot.plist to try and get it to load automatically each time, but no luck. So I need to have a keyboard plugged in for it to boot at least. The Mac USB keyboard only ideally. So a solution to either one of these problems makes things _almost_ perfect. (I still get a black screen with a mouse on the first bootup/restart, and then is perfect on the second boot, I believe it's to do with the nvcap settings for my nvinject for the 8400 GS 256mb card, but that's a whole nother story altogether ;)

pvanliew
06-09-2009, 05:23 PM
This memory allocation error still occurs when USB is plugged in on boot.

It must be an ATI problem. Perhaps loading/modifying something in Chameleon would help me? As it is before it even loads the kernel (and I have successfully updated to voodoo 9.6 kernel but it did not fix it).

Any ideas?

Voyn1x
06-09-2009, 08:56 PM
If you're using Chameleon 2.0, add this to your com.apple.boot.plist to enable the EHCI and UHCI fixes and see if that helps?