PDA

View Full Version : iATKOS - OSX doesnt boot - Crossed Circle?

quantass
05-06-2009, 12:47 AM
I was able to install iATKOS v5i onto my Toshiba Qosmio X300 laptop however it was only able to install onto an external USB SATA HDD not the internal SATA HDD. I dont get it. The install goes fine but when it comes time to boot into OSX for the first time it sit idle at the gray screen for a minute or so then displays a crossed-circle over the apple logo. I have no clue what that symbol is supposed to reprsent. I suppose the geniuses at apple couldnt find any extra space on screen for a descriptive error message.

What can i do to get install to work from my internal drive? The external drive works perfectly fine. Could this be a SATA controller issue?

xXrkidXx
05-06-2009, 01:32 AM
*hint hint*, the genius's at Apple Didn't make iATKOS lol

zamdam
05-07-2009, 01:00 AM
I had that problem when I after i installed i Atkos 5i. I had to disable the JMicron controller. But if you have an internal IDE hard drive, it might be controlled by the jm controller. If thats the case, Im not sure.

I was able to install iATKOS v5i onto my Toshiba Qosmio X300 laptop however it was only able to install onto an external USB SATA HDD not the internal SATA HDD. I dont get it. The install goes fine but when it comes time to boot into OSX for the first time it sit idle at the gray screen for a minute or so then displays a crossed-circle over the apple logo. I have no clue what that symbol is supposed to reprsent. I suppose the geniuses at apple couldnt find any extra space on screen for a descriptive error message.

What can i do to get install to work from my internal drive? The external drive works perfectly fine. Could this be a SATA controller issue?

giGGler
05-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I had the same problem but before installing, on forst dvd boot. Use -x to get to your system and -v to boot seeing the logs so you can figure out what is going wrong.

I have now an installation using iAtkos 5 but my internal (yes, internal) keboard/trackpad doesn't work so i must connect USB keyboard/mouse pair :(

Also the sleep/shutdown/restart isn't working properly :(

i have a dell vostro 1500