PDA

View Full Version : Kalyway not accepting input

Bobwama
05-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I just updated my Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.6 using the Netkas method. Almost all seems to have gone fine, except one crucial thing- when I boot, I cannot use my keyboard nor my mouse. The computer is not frozen- it continues to boot up, and everything else looks fine- I just have no means of input. On a verbose boot I get issues with both com.orbyte.driver.USBEHCI and I0PCCardBridge. On an update verbose, I get a "No Update Found". On any other specialized boot, the same issue.
I am an experienced Windows user, and have a decent understanding of computers in general, but I'm fairly new to Hackintosh- so I'm really not sure what to do here. I'm using a Thinkpad T60 laptop. I don't think it's related, but I did not change my bootloader as the Netkas method instructs- I'm still using Chameleon. The boot, as I've said, is fine.
Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE:
A USB keyboard or mouse WILL work.
Also, single user mode will not accept input either.:'(

thorazine74
05-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Check the USBUHCI and USBEHCI kexts you have installed, you may need to install the latest ones corresponding to 10.5.6.
For PS/2 support you would need to use APCIPS2Nub kext, as probably the one you are using is version dependent and it doesnt work with 10.5.6. Alternatively you can try VoodooPS2Controller kext which works great for me (not on a laptop though).