PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I play games on my hackintosh??

zamdam
05-07-2009, 12:55 AM
I installed iAtkos 5i and managed to get everything work, including my HD 4870 video card.

My question is, why am I able to play a demo I downloaded from apples website, but I cant play cod4 that I downloaded from a website. Once it mounted the .dmg it verified the disk...

But when I go to play it, the screen turns black and then about 5 - 10 seconds later, Im guessing the computer freezes cause my keyboard doesnt do anything when I press caps lock, it has a light on it when i press it to let me know its enabled. Also, my monitors power button starts flashing instead of staying on..?

Thanks in advance.

naquaada
05-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Core Image and Quartz Extreme are enabled? Look in 'About this Mac' -> More information -> Graphics.

zamdam
05-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Yes, they are enabled.

Im not in front of it right now, but I believe one of them say enabled and the other one says supported??

Core Image and Quartz Extreme are enabled? Look in 'About this Mac' -> More information -> Graphics.

zamdam
05-07-2009, 04:00 AM
Does anyone have another idea about this issue?

oneshot
05-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I have an idea, my screen used to do that when I would play my halo demo in full screen. Oh my Graphix card there where two female inputs that I could plug my cable that goes to my monitor into. All I did was change the port to the one it wasn't plugged into.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/joe_vinci/ATIRadeonHD4870x2GraphicCardjpg.jpg

Lets say its plugged into the 1st port. Try using the second one.

zamdam
05-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice.. Let me try that, I will let you know..

Thanks..

I have an idea, my screen used to do that when I would play my halo demo in full screen. Oh my Graphix card there where two female inputs that I could plug my cable that goes to my monitor into. All I did was change the port to the one it wasn't plugged into.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/joe_vinci/ATIRadeonHD4870x2GraphicCardjpg.jpg

Lets say its plugged into the 1st port. Try using the second one.

zamdam
05-14-2009, 05:39 AM
I tried that and it didnt change anything...

I figured it out though.. I must have been getting bad downloads or something, because I downloaded another copy of cod4 and it plays flawlessly. I have everything maxed out.

Thanks though

Nice.. Let me try that, I will let you know..

Thanks..

xmhscratch
05-14-2009, 08:08 PM
I think iAtkos isn't good for playing games...
You should try another distro like iPC,xXx,...or even RETAIL Leopard:-|

Ali C.
05-15-2009, 05:46 AM
The distro should not affect this.
And so you know, Kalyway plays games like a charm. :D

R0GUE
05-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Try updating to 10.5.7 and then see how your games perform. The 10.5.7 update includes the latest OpenGL extensions which provides better support for that card. From what I understand the HD 4870 that shipped with recent Macs have been using a special build of 10.5.6 that enabled the card to work. However, performance has been noted as particularly buggy in some cases.

Good luck :)