PDA

View Full Version : Installed iPC with boot flags won't boot

SportsGuy
05-12-2009, 02:43 AM
I just installed iPC, and had to use the bootflag "cpus=1" for the disk to start up. Then nothing would boot up. Now I put in a bootloader that allows me to start it up, but when I put in bootflags, (such as "cpus=1 -v -f") and it only comes to this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/68wnx1.jpg

any help? :D

JoesMorgue
05-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I had problems because my DVD drive is SATA, and my destination HD was PATA (ATA).
My first attempt to get around this was putting a ATA DVD on my ATA-to-USB adaptor, and it will NOT boot at all. Finally, I pulled the cable, put new one on drive with LONG reach to Master (DVD MUST be Master), and other end to MB to do the install.

I will to guess that the problem could exist if the situtation was reversed, but that could be lessor as ATA DVDs are more common.

SportsGuy
05-13-2009, 09:41 PM
I haven't done anything to my computer, and it should be fine, I think... lol

but does anyone have any suggestions

SportsGuy
05-16-2009, 04:59 PM
bump. does anyone know? should I try different kernels? (Im using vanilla with my intel core 2 quad)

SportsGuy
05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Okay, I have literally installed this at least 15 times with different boot flags, kernels, and just the bare, and I can't find anything that works

does anyone else have a core 2 quad processor with os x?

JoesMorgue
05-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I installed mine with only some success.

I still boot off the DVD, then use a command to jump start the install...Try it, then you can find out if it actually werks.

When the disk boots, hit F8, then type: rd=disk0s1
You might have to change numbers:
the 0 is harddrive #, starting with 0.
the 1 is partition # on the drive, starting with 1.

Try it, see what you get...

xXrkidXx
05-16-2009, 08:52 PM
boot using -x, it most likely will get u to the desktop(Safemode)

Then you can instal drivers and find out what works, not sure if safemode has internet so try and download the drivers and kexts onto a flash drive before booting it

SportsGuy
05-16-2009, 10:46 PM
okay, I put the disk in, and put this in "rd=disk0s5 cpus=1 -v -f"

that works, but now I don't have any drivers, so I can't get on the internet, etc.

so where can I find drivers?

lunfai
05-16-2009, 10:53 PM
okay, I put the disk in, and put this in "rd=disk0s5 cpus=1 -v -f"

that works, but now I don't have any drivers, so I can't get on the internet, etc.

so where can I find drivers?

Didn't you install kext during the customization before the installation proccess?

xXrkidXx
05-16-2009, 11:11 PM
no you dont have internet in safemode, its not because you dont have kexts, go on your PC and then search in google for the kexts u need. i.e. ALC880.kext(audio driver) for OS X, then just use OSx86 tools to install them, after you get them installed try booting without safemode, just use flags -v -f

report what happens when ur done

SportsGuy
05-17-2009, 02:29 AM
I didn't see the kext I needed. i.e. I have ATi Radeon HD 3450 and the closest thing was ATi Radeon HD 3650.

I also didn't use safemode, and will try a different kext and reinstall one more time

lunfai
05-17-2009, 02:48 AM
I didn't see the kext I needed. i.e. I have ATi Radeon HD 3450 and the closest thing was ATi Radeon HD 3650.

I also didn't use safemode, and will try a different kext and reinstall one more time

I don't think you can just pick the closest matching kext for your graphics card.

SportsGuy
05-17-2009, 03:06 AM
lol I know that... ha so I don't really have any working kext as of now, and I have to have my install disk to boot it up

so I need to find my kext, and I can get to darwin, but can't boot up from that, only from my disk

how can I fix that?

SportsGuy
05-17-2009, 06:34 PM
so I can get drivers without reinstalling?

SportsGuy
05-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Okay, this is what Ethernet I have, and I can't find anything...

Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E GBE NIC