PDA

View Full Version : LawlessPPC problem with ethernet and other components

toxic64
05-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

I finaly got LawlessPPC up and runing on my PC.
Still, I encounter some problems you might help me fix.

First I'd like to say that only LAWLESSPPC works on my PC in normal mode.(iDeneb in safe mode, the rest doesn't work at all)

The problems I' have with LAWLESSPPC are:

PS/2 keyboard : not working at start
(fixed with PS/2 keyboard patch from iPCosx86 10.5.6)

Nvidia ethernet: Not present at all at start
probably because only nforce 3/4/5 support is avaiable via forcedeth.
I installed NforceLan from iPCosx86 10.5.6 now Ethernet is avaiable and says connected still I can't surf nor go through my lan.

Audio: not detected but I guess the problem with ALC883 can be partially solved by using AZALLIA / or appleHDPA.(not tried yet though)

Graphics: I only have 1024x768@60hz for my geforce 8800GTX. I guess it's a kext problem. I'll try to find and install from NVinject as I had all resolution and frequencies avaiable in iDeneb.

I installed other apps from iPCosx86 DVD with no problem.(pacifist, osx86tools, etc....)

I need help at least to have network working, If so , i'll try to figure out for the problems I can find and regularly post the newly discovered fixes.

Thanx

ZeCarioca
05-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Hey, I'm new here and I've just installed LawlessPPC on my computer, but I'm having the same issues you've found.

Thanks for the tip with the PS2 Keyboard, I will try to fix mine the same way you did.

I'm just having trouble finding the driver for my Atheros L1 network adapter... Apparently there is some kind of driver that should work with my Atheros on the InsanelyMac but their site appears to be down :(

I'm also having problems with my criative soundblaster live!

toxic64
05-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi,

If you have problems with your keyboard, let me know.
also, I discovered that I had time machine working which is pretty cool
so if you have it working, try to backup before every change you make.

I don't know about atheros L1... is it ethernet or wifi chip?
By the way IsanelyMac is up now. only search doesn't seem to work...

anyway, My ethernet still does not work and I feel a little depressed now :'(

For your SB live, I think I've seen some patch. I'll try to post or MP a link for you to try.

bye

toxic64
05-19-2009, 07:50 PM
http://www.kexts.com/index.php?controller=Motherboard&mID=131

Here is your Atheros L1 kext...hope it works for you