PDA

View Full Version : EXtreme Mouse LAg Problem IPC 10.5.6

OSnapple
05-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Hey guys,

As my first post i would first like to thank all of the DEV's for making this possible.

So i have been trying to tackle installing 10.5.6 on my Dell E521 for a few weeks

I have a SATA 1gb HDD
NForce 430 Chipset
4gb DDR2 677 Ram
Geforce 7300 GT Video Card

I was able to install Leo4all 10.5.2 but wanted to get on 10.5.6

I downloaded iPC 10.5.6 PPF5

I finally got it to install on my computer but i have this extreme mouse lag,

Its not just a small jumpy sometimes LAg, its as soon as i boot into OSX if i move my mouse it is unresponsive for about 15 seconds each time, and there is no telling how responsive it will be when/if it does move.

I have tried to delete AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext but that did not fix the Lag, he keyboard works fine, all shortcuts work fine, its just the mouse.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue its really driving me mad, and i have searched multiple forums but havent been able to find someone who couldnt fix it with deleting the Upstream.kext

My main purpose for installing OSx86 was to Run Imovie and Protools, and to get the latest version of each, i need to be on 10.5.6

Thanks in advance guys

OSnapple
05-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Still having the Same Problem, Tried a Leo4allv4.1 Install, i continuously get a B0 Error, and when i try to repair the error it changes to a black screen with blinking cursor in the top left,

Any one out there?

kndusa
06-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I have a Dell E521 and I have iDeneb 10.5.5 (I think) installed just fine, I tried to upgrade to iDeneb 10.5.6 and my system won't boot off the dvd (I know the dvd is good, my laptop boots off it just fine). I tried Leo4All, sam media errors, finally, iPC work, I reboot -f -v, setup my EFI string and the mouse goes wonkers. If I boot without EFI/NVinject/CoeVidia settings for my 8800gt, the mouse is fine.

I have tried deleting the Upstream, no joy. I think it has something to do with the video somehow, I intend to go back to 10.5.2 (my 10.5.5 cd is now mia) and try to upgrade up.

Dual Core AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
4gb RAM
SATA HD & DVD

kndusa
06-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Just did a reinstall of iPC 10.5.6. I used the Mac Pro NVidia drivers, not any of the injectors. After the install, I downloaded 9f23installer.pkg. Boot up with the basic setting. I used kext helper to install my wifi, so it created /Backup Extensions.

cd /System/Library/Extensions
sudo mv GeF* /Backup*
sudo mv NVD* /Backup*
run the 9f23installer
use osx86tools or efistuido to add the efi string for your video
reboot -f -v

Mouse lag should be gone! You MUST remove the kexts before running the installer, otherwise it won't work! :D