PDA

View Full Version : iPC 10.5.6 - Attempts to update fail

Coldfist
05-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Good day, dear community.

First off, the day I got to know about the possibilities to get Mac running on a PC gave me a few sleepless nights, but I won't give up yet.

Here goes my current problem:

Upon booting up from DVD, I have to set the boot option to -x to get through the pre-copy phase, otherwise I'll be stuck on a grey screen. Now, I got to get this distro installed successfully once (currently trying to reinstall it because of the problem I'm about to write down, failing badly as I type), yet I am still forced to boot it in safe mode.
My hopes were lying on Zephyroth's AMD Updater, and from there I started downloading the patch 10.5.7. Now, as soon as the download is done and the system starts applying the files, I get an Apple script error as soon as cpu id's are about to be detected, or whatever, even if the Download folder is empty (that's why I am currently trying different install combos but I can't get as far as to the apple logo and the cross symbol - I'll fix that on my own somehow - getting "AppleNforceATA: 0 drives found after all 4 SATA devices were recognized, even tho I selected a different chipset driver in first place.).
So here's my question: Am I supposed to update the OS this way or is there another, "easy" way to get to the update and the chance to have my GFX card working properly, something I'm trying since OSX 10.5.4 distros and up?

Here's my rig's specs:

(Base rig was a HP Pavilion a6142.de, RAM, GFX and CPU got swapped by now)

ASUS M2N68-LA (according to HP's data sheet)
AMD X64 6000+ 3,0GHz
8GB DDR2 RAM 800MHz
nForce chipset (last working install was done with the nForce 67 driver option)
nForce Lan (alternatively using some Longshine PCI LAN card if the onboard one won't work)
Sapphire Radeon HD 4760 1GB RAM
3x Seagate/Maxtor 500GB S-ATA Drives
S-ATA DVD Writer
onboard AC97 chipset audio

Installed through the unpatched iPC 10.5.6 DVD single layer.

Alternatively, is there a way to apply the recent driver kexts for the GFX card w/o going for the 10.5.7 update?
Any advice that can be of any help to an utter newbie in terms of Unix terminals/strings is highly welcomed.

Edit:

I just got to get a bootable install again, though still only in safe boot (Quite clueless how to fix this, as for when I boot normally, I get stuck at the white screen with the Apple logo and the spinning wheel hanging up after a while - yet, hard drive still tries to load something, at least the HDD led keeps flashing). Now, I suppose it's normal that the sound won't work in this mode.
Here's the error I am getting while using Zephyroth's Updater for AMD: Upon the updater doing "Detecting cpuids for Macosxupd10.5.7.pkg" I get the following error message: AppleScript Error -Security API failed with error -2147418111. (1).

I sadly don't know how to take printscreens in Mac so I can't provide more info.