PDA

View Full Version : HP s3200n Hackintosh Attempt

jumapili
05-18-2009, 12:10 AM
So geek boys I need a little help. I had a s3200n laying around. Nice computer using windows so I thought I would try to run OSX. I have some questions and some recommendations.

Questions

1. Does anyone know what drivers to use for the built in audio/network/video/wireless. For now I am using a Nvidia card (you might want to do this just so you don't have to use the VGA) and usb network adaptor from my htc shift (probably will just buy a compatible network card)

Recommendations

I used ideneb 10.5.6 V1.4
This is one of those SATA DVD/HDD so you really have to install from a USB Drive

Download ideneb
Used Disk Utility to format (NEED 8GIG) flash usb using mac journal
Then restored ISO to disk, for those of you who don't know how click restore tab just drag iso to source and drag drive from left menu to destination.

Thank You
Jumapili
www.jumapili.com
etsy.jumapili.com

jumapili
05-18-2009, 09:18 AM
I have been having trouble with usb not working unless I boot into safe mode. In addition when i tried to mount dmg files I got a kernel panic.

here is the solution I found (http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:F0ffwcA7zuYJ:uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D7%26t%3D3189+install+seatbelt+ kext+from+10.5.5&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us).

In general you need to change the following kext's

For usb look for the kext's from slice
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext

For the dmg problem you need to use the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5

I am still having to boot up using -v -f