PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte T1028 Netbook No Keyboard or Mouse Support - MSIWindOSX

legolover64
05-18-2009, 04:59 AM
Hey all,

I posted this on another similarly named OSX86 community that may or may not have a database error at the moment, but I decided to ask here as well to get as much help as possible.

I have a Gigabyte T1028 Tablet Netbook, it's a brand new model and it's working swimmingly in Windows. I used an external CD/DVD drive, but was unable to install OS X to my SSD due to an "EBIOS error" because the drive was not responding. I took the SSD out of the netbook, popped it in my Mac Pro, and stuck the MSIWindOSX DVD in the Mac Pro. It booted fine, and went through the entire installation. I stuck the SSD back in the Gigabyte and booted it. I got to the "Welcome" screen, but unfortunately neither the keyboard nor mouse would work. I tried the touchscreen and (of course) it didn't work. Also, none of the three USB ports would work with a Mighty Mouse plugged in. Here's some information about the hardware in question:

Mouse: Elantech Smart-Pad (Multitouch Trackpad)
KB: Standard PS/2 Recognized Built-in KB
Touchscreen: eGalaxTouch
Wireless (will this work?): Atheros AR928X
Ethernet (will this work?): Realtek RTL8102E

Thanks again for any help you can provide!

machine156
09-10-2009, 06:06 AM
the Touch screen driver after you get the mouse/ key board working... http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTouchDriver/MacOSXIntelDriver.htm

Wireless and Ethernet will more then likely work... may need drivers...

lotech
10-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Did you have any more success getting them to work?
The PS2 aspect of the Keyboard isn't a good sign, as Macs have never had PS2 ports I don't know if you can get any PS2 gear to work.