PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone tell Me How To Do This???

kittierocks
05-18-2009, 06:50 AM
well i have some questions about installing a mac on my windows.....

i have some doubts and so many questions about doing it...

1. i have a

eMachines T3410
2.0 GHz, 1600 MHz FSB
256 KB L2 Cache
AMD Sempron+ processor
it supports SSE, SSE2, and SSE3 x86-64
MotherBoard manufacturer is First International Computer Inc.
Model: K8MC51G
160 GB ATA Hard Drive
the Chipset is nVIDIA GeForce 6100
the southBridge is nVIDIA nFORCE 410/430 MCP
I have a DVD/CD-RW Combination
16x Max. Read/48x Max write
i have 5 USB ports
a 56 KITU V. 92 Ready Fax/Modem
a 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN network
i also have SD/MMC/SM/MS-PRO and a CF/MICRODRIVE Hardware addons

well my question is.... is my computer supported to run Mac Leopard 10.5.6 or above? any tutorials for my kind of comp?????

2. will i lose any of my music, videos, pictures, if i install this stuff will any of my data be deleted?

3. will i be able to install iLife09, or any other mac sotware in my comp?

4. will i be able to go back to my old PC???

5.Will i be able to print, go online, keep my pc files and applications etc.??????

these are some of the questions i have??? please can someone tell me what i can do and what to download pleezz :P

if u need more info about this please email me at w.i.a.w@ hotmail.com

clayjar
05-18-2009, 07:33 AM
1. Is your computer supported?
Officially, no, but we are all experimenters, and there are bits and pieces of tutorials everywhere, and you'd need to try them yourself. You can keep your Windows if you can somehow figure out how to dual-boot, meaning you'd be able to boot into Windows or OS X through a menu when your computer boots.

2. Will you lose data?
With any type of experimentation, especially a magnitude of this type requires a full backup, including your boot records.

3. Install Mac software on your computer?
Of course. Once OS runs properly, all applications follow since they are basically a layer above the OS layer.

4. Will you be able to go back?
Same answer as # 2.

5. Print, go online, keep PC files & apps?
Yes, but you need to install a virtualization software (i.e. VMWare Fusion) to run PC applications when you boot into OS X.

To sum it up, you may have some learning curve to climb before you can venture out to do this. Even with someone helping you step by step, there is a lot of variables to watch out for, so make sure you understand what you are doing before you start changing anything. Even trying to think of the first step you could take seems to be rather packed, so I'll make it simple for the sake of brevity, and finish with a wish of good luck on your voyage, or just save up and take a stroll to a local Apple store.