PDA

View Full Version : 2 computers, no hackintosh.

Benhermies
05-18-2009, 11:56 PM
I've been trying to turn my computers into hackintoshes for the past week with no luck. Here's the rundown of the system specs for both machines:

Desktop - Acer M5630
CPU: Intel Q6600
RAM: 2GB DDR2 667MHz
Motherboard: EG31M (Acer)
Video: ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro
Primary HD: Hitachi 320GB SATA
Secondary H: Western Digital 500GB SATA
DVD: DH16AIP IDE
LAN: Realtek TRL8168B/811B
Wireless: D-Link DWA-542 Rangebooster N
Onboard Sound: Realtek HD 0888

Laptop - Acer TravelMate 4100
Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz
RAM: 2GB
Video: Intel915GM/PM/GMS/910GML Express
HD: 60GB IDE

Hackintosh versions: iATKOS v1, iATKOS 4i, iATKOS 5i, Kalyway 10.5.2

The Desktop: - All get to the Darwin boot prompt and let me press enter or F8/-v but stops shortly after. iATKOS v1 & 4i will actually show me the white Apple logo screen the the small loading circle, but nothing actually happens. No drive activity or anything. the circle just spins. After 10 minutes I give up and shut down.

The Laptop: - I've actually had the most success on my laptop. With all versions of iATKOS I get the white Apple logo loading screen. There's lots of drive activity, and then I get a blue screen. ONCE with iATKOS 5i it actually got to the install screen, let me prepare the drive, let me customize the drivers and fully installed! But then after reboot, it went into a constant reboot cycle after 8 seconds. I'm guessing I chose the wrong patch/driver. But I've never been able to get back to the install screen since.

If anyone can help me figure out how to make it work I'd greatly appreciate it. My preference is to install it on the Desktop, but either will do.

Thanks!

milanca
05-19-2009, 02:21 AM
Hi Benhermies,

Welcome to infinitemac forum, enjoy your stay and have a good time here!

I guess you already explored some sources on the net and searched for the solutions. Lets focus first on your desktop machine. Isn't your board a gigabyte's one? If so, what model? Will you look into your documentation, cd's with drivers for your exact model number? If you can't find it you can open side panel on your computer's case and take a look at the board, there should be its name, revision number. There is a very similar board from gigabyte, ich7 chipset. Your configuration looks very promising, even for perfect, retail installation. Let us just see what you have inside, what's the motherboard.
Running OSX on PC hardware isn't a rocket science ;-) with compatible hardware it's pretty easy; but it requires little of hardware knowledge and some basics in terminal commands under OSX etc.

Regards!

Benhermies
05-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi milanca,

Well I looked at my board, and couldn't find any identifying labels. Doing some reasearch on the net, many others with the same computer are unsure which board this is too. It seems like it might be a customized Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 version 1.

I've also downloaded new more OSx86 hacks: iPC 10.5.6 and iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6). Haven't tried either of them on the desktop yet, but they both seem to at least "install" on the laptop. But on reboot I get "Boot Error" message and nothing else. But as you suggested I'm going to focus on the desktop now!