PDA

View Full Version : No audio on Asus A8N-SLI Premium mobo

BlizzofOZ
05-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi all,

Well, I've successfully installed iPC 10.5.6 on my Asus A8N-SLI Premium AMD Opteron 165 machine.

Going through initial checks, I'm finding that my audio is not working. Now, I've had to do tweaking to make sure it works. I do have a seperate Creative Labs X-Fi Extreme Music sound card, which I believe is not supported. I had got that card when I first put the PC together, which means that I had immediatly turned off the onboard Realtek AC97 sound.

To make sure that the onboard sound really works, cause I never tried it, I had to install some drivers on the WinXP side. Moved the speakers wires to the onboard sound, turned it on in the BIOS and everything works... on the WinXP side.

Going over to OSx86, I get no sound. I've tried playing an mp3 in Quicktime and it didn't work. I've went to a movie trailer site and still now sound. Going into setting, under audio, it says there is "No output devices found". I''m guessing drivers didn't work? I had chosen the ALC850 drivers upon the OSx86 install.

Or am I missing something? Being total noob to Mac OS, I may just be missing something.

Any ideas or suggestions?

BlizzofOZ
05-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I got it to work thanks to a forum member naquadda, who that uploaded a ALC850 kext drivers.

Thanks!

psychonuts
06-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm curious, what version of the bios are you running? 1303, 1302 beats, or 1009 stable?

Did you install to a sata or a pata drive?

Did you install from a sata or pata dvd drive?

I'm just having some issues with getting this bugger to fire up right with this install of 10.5.6...

Any help/specifics would be great!

Thanks a bunch!

Psychonuts

Letras
07-09-2009, 04:32 AM
I am having the same issue, the ALC850 kext off the DVD is not working. Where did naquadda get the pkg he sent you? Can you send it to me?