View Full Version : iPC 10.5.6 Universal Installation Problem

peanut9
05-23-2009, 01:39 AM
I have trouble with ipc installation here is what i got

I got the CPU Unresponsive by this screen
As you can see is unresponsive
But it worked for a little then it showed the panic kernel screen
and then
I don't know why this happened i think a hardware error. If some one can help here it would be appreciated.How can i fix this? Also said that AppleNforceata : phy connection failed.

Here are what happened at the -v run

erick2red
05-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Let me understand some things,
1. You get KP even with kernel panics????
2. What happens when you boot "-x" (aka Safe Boot)?
3. What drivers options did you select when installing iPC?

peanut9
05-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Ok 1. I Get this in the panic.debugger called panic(cpu 3). Also"system model name:Unknow". I think is the cpu
2.when i x save mode. I entered correctly everything seemed to work fine until a panic came and asked me to restart the pc
also i get this lines on the screen. I don't know what they are
3.The driveres that i got where: (you can go to their site to see full driver options http://pcwizcomputer.com/ipcosx86/?page_id=96)

1.nvidia ninject 512 mb
2.Chipset applenforceata
3.audio: ac97
4.nforce klan driver because my lan is marvell yukon 88E116
5.USB Mount fix

erick2red
05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Ok, then "-x" booted up.
First, try to know which kernel are you using to boot:
1 . Boot "-x"
2. login an then open Terminal app
3. type "uname -a"
That the line with kernel name and others info.

Besides that, type at boot after "-x" debug=0x100, so when you the KP, shows up some info, about what cause the KP.

Have you already chck the forum for other users with running MacOSX with similar hardware???
They already know what to use to get that hardware working.

peanut9
05-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I tried but safe mode is giving me a reboot your pc kernel panic. i checked with -v and still cpu panic. It doesn't boot like last time. Lat time i boot into -x it lasted seconds after i logged in to the desktop and that message appeared again. and i don't know what those lines in the screen are. I think is the video card

Voyn1x
05-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Try reinstalling without NVinject as you can always get your gfx card working properly later. You should always boot with -v (verbose mode) until you get your system fully working.

As it seems to be connected with your cpu, it may be worth booting with only one core for now to see if that helps matters.

At the boot prompt enter:

-v -x cpus=1

Hopefully this will get you into a stable system where you can start bug fixing. :)

peanut9
05-25-2009, 04:41 AM
Thank you so much! Vony1x it really worked i got my system stable. it is running. though it only boots correctly when i type "-v -x cpus=1" but i need to fix that bug so it runs normal. I just need to do some fixing for example the ethernet driver doesn't work it doesn't connect to the internet. I still have the lines on the screen because of the video driver, and also i need to get my q6600 fully working because i just have 1.5Ghz of processor and it says unknown but the best part is that i got it running. If you can help me fixing this bugs and problems it would be greatly appreciated.Thank You

peanut9
05-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Here there are some screen shots
I still have the lines one the screen tough, also it panics when it boots normally, the only way to get it stable is by booting -v -x cpus=1. Also as you can see my nvidia card is not well recognized i download a driver for it a .bundle file. iopened it and a search trough contents then i selected the driver and executed in the terminal app. it didn't install. i don't know if i need to do something before that to get it working

Voyn1x
05-25-2009, 02:37 PM
This thread (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=132462&st=0&p=939163&#entry939163) on insanelymac should offer you a solution for the cpus=1 to get all cores working - it seems there's issues with the nForce 570i, 590i, 610i, 630i, 650i, and 680i mobos. There's a pdf containing the correct bios options plus you may need to install an older AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

In regards to your graphics card, you should look into using an EFI gfx string, you can use a program called EFI studio (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0igkzimqmwj) which has many premade strings for most cards.