PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime And About this mac Crash

idunnoV2
05-23-2009, 09:13 PM
well..i posted in the insanelyMac forum and to my surprise..there still slow as F3$#@ LOL..been a few days with 26 views ,so lets see how fast i can get a response here :)

anyways ,my Quicktime is ALWAYS crashing on me...it crashes when i try to load a video from the HDD...or when i try to use quicktime videos that are streamed from the net...for example...i try to watch the new mac ads on apple website...and BOOM firefox crashes...when i load a video from HDD to watch BOOM! crashes lol....thats the gist of my quicktime...and for About this mac....i know its not a big deal for it to work but...i would like all of it to work.if theres no fix for it then fine,i just wanna see if theres a fix for it or not...

now im using jaS 10.5.4 this is the ONLY version that works for me...with all video and all things supported...

thats all im having issues with atm..Quicktime and about this mac issue...well i guess theres another issue..but its just eye candy LOL...how can i change the profiler from displaying...i can has model? for my video card?

thanks for your help guys in advance..

maya77
05-23-2009, 10:42 PM
AMD system?

Have you installed Voodoo Kernel?

Or try this:
-Run Marvin's AMD Utility
-Select option #2
-Scan folder system/library/frameworks
-When finished, then select option #3
-Load cpuid.txt from folder created on Desktop, select destination folder again
-Run, patch, that's all

idunnoV2
05-24-2009, 12:02 AM
ho unfortunatly its a intel system lol..sorry i forgot to say what it was lol

maya77
05-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Then remove or disable AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext
from /System/Library/Extensions/

Or simply install Disabler.kext:
http://rapidshare.com/files/236613114/Disabler.kext.zip

Yes, this is safe.

If you need help on installing kexts feel free to ask.

thorazine74
05-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I can has model means your card is not detected straight by natit, do you get full CoreImage / QuartzExtreme acceleration working? The Quicktime crashes could be related to that try using a different video injector or an updated version of natit (I think thats what you are using, not sure...)