PDA

View Full Version : OSx86 File System Issues

iNTeRiX5
05-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Question: What makes chameleon not work with Journaled file systems? What's causing my installation to only work on case-sensitive file systems?

I've come upon the following errors when installing iDeneb v1.4 on different file systems.

Mac OS Extended: Chameleon starts allowing me to boot, but I get the restart error while loading through the apple logo.

Mac OS Extended(Journaled): Chameleon fails to load, receiving the MBR BOOT ERROR. When booted using the installation disc I receive the same restart error at the apple logo.

Mac OS Extended Case Sensitive: Chameleon starts allowing me to boot, the system loads up fine.

Mac OS Extended Case Sensitive(Journaled): Chameleon fails to load, when booted using the installation disc the system loads up fine.

I'm really unsure of what is causing this, For the failed system loading after boot, I tried doing a -v type boot to see what is causing this but it either restarts or hangs up at different points. Again everything works fine on a case sensitive install.

As far as Chameleon not loading I know others have had no problems using Journaled file systems even with the same version.

Any thoughts?