PDA

View Full Version : iDeneb 1.4 - 10.5.6 Installation

lellis2k
05-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey guys, I bet you're sick of these posts but it's driving me mad.

I've got an iDeneb 1.4 - 10.5.6 Installation Disk.

My Setup:
Asus P5k-e/wifi Motherboard (p35 chipset)
Intel Core2 Due E8400 3.00GHz CPU
ATI HD 3850 Video Card
IDE 80GB HDD
IDE DVD-RW
Microsoft Wireless Mouse/Keyboard

What Happens:
I go through the install, go into customize and choose:
HD 3000 series graphics drivers
I've tried most chipsets..which one should it be?
I've tried most kernels.. " ?

Then it installs successfully but on reboot I get the "no smoking" sign or the "please restart" error.

Can anyone tell me which options I need to be selecting for my setup?

Otherwise could it be something else such as requiring ps2 keyboard/sata dvd-rw/etc?

Thanks!

Leigh

thorazine74
05-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Always use the -v option when booting to see whats going on instead of just grey apple screen.
You should need no special kernel for a Core 2 Duo, just make sure you are using vanilla kernel.
Installing from IDE to IDE could be a bit complicated, depending on what IDE controller your motherboard has. Try researching that in Asus mobo specs.

lellis2k
05-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I used the -v option and got various errors all the way through boot but wizzing by too fast and too many to list.
Should I list the last few before it stops?

Have also tried setting everything in the bios to AHCI and using a partition on my sata drive but that just asks me to reboot.

At work now so will post errors when i get home.

Hyperlitevip
05-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Have you tried just installing iDeneb out of the box? Im working with a Toshiba a205 Satellite s5000 series and after installing/reinstalling <up the yinyang> i found just installing it without any of the kext drivers, or patches works the best....

So far everything works except the volume and my atheros wifi card.... Keyboard/trackpad work FLAWLESS to my surprise :D

Once installed, boot up from hard-drive with [-x -v] darwin commands and then look from a program called UInstaller (sp?).... I seem to remember it have a kext package for your Asus P35

I would think that would do the trick, but dont know for sure.... Goodluck!

thorazine74
05-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Without knowing where it stops and if it complains about something its imposible to diagnose whats the problem, just by knowing its asking you to reboot.
SATA AHCI should be straightforward in any Intel chipset, if you still get troubles try selecting the bare minimum options in the installer as advised by the OP, usually the only thing really required to boot maybe would be some ATI kext (I'm not familiar with ATI so I'm not sure there), PS/2 kexts if you need them for mouse&keyboard and nothing else.