PDA

View Full Version : ATI Radeon Xpress 200 support

teejay
05-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Hello All,

Today, I spent almost a day searching through different Hackintosh forums for support for ATI Radeon Xpress 200. I found an old thread (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32796) which talked about some hacking and getting it worked but it later went unattended.
I checked couple of distros for their hardware support and none mention this hardware.

I would like to know if there is anyone out there who has successfully installed any Hackintosh distribution and has functional ATI Radeon Xpress 200 grafic card.

Thanks a million in advance.

charlie56
06-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I have been looking for over a year and no progress. Mine works OK but would be much nicer with QE/CI. I think by now this might be a dead issue, but I hope I am wrong!!

teejay
06-13-2009, 08:45 PM
I never understood what is QE/CI and your works ok is not very clear to me. On some other forum, I found the supposedly working drivers. Attached in 2 parts due to the size limits of these forums.

teejay
06-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Another piece of the drivers zip file.
Please xtract them together. I haven't tried install Hackintosh on my machine but if you do use these drivers and they work as you would expect, please leave a note here.

charlie56
06-15-2009, 05:49 AM
I used a laptop HP Zv6132US, with an upgraded CPU being AMD single core 64 4000+, and with the Radeon Xpress 200 controller. I installed using the Kalyway 10.5.2. distro. It went according to the plan, I selected no video driver, mouse and keyboard worked fine. Did not need the external monitor "trick". But what worked for me might not work for you. The best I could do was use Callisto to set my screen resolution. I got 1280x800. The Katana driver would not work for me. Without Quartz Extreme/Core Image my video was a bit jerky in full screen. The BIOS was set to "Sideport" for video memory allocation. With full support for the Radeon card it would have been a great Hackintosh. The drivers you have may work if you edit the kexts to show the correct vendor and version numbers in the plist files, but not for the Radeon 200 as far as I can tell. I got my sound, wireless, and ethernet working using this method. The power management driver worked fine and showed battery charge etc. Time Machine worked. I never got the sleep function going, but never really tried. Just in case anyone is interested it rates 65.16 on Xbench with 1280mb of ram and a 5400 120gb HDD. Consider changing your graphic controller for one that Apple use. I am not an expert and someone else might have a better experience with your hardware.