PDA

View Full Version : Help with iPC 10.5.6 on Toshiba L25-119 Laptop "still waiting for root device"

miaballa99
06-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Hello there, im new to this stuff, ive been reading about patches and everything, but not sure how to patch something up. Ive downloaded this version, ipc_osx 10.5.6, and when im trying to install, it says " still waiting for root device"... am i suppose to patch up the iso with some kernel? with my intel settings? The pc is about 3 years old and is sse2.. any help would be appreciated! Thanks for your time

IF YOU INSTALL VOODOO 9.5.0 KERNEL YOU MUST INSTALL 9.5.0 (10.5.5) SEATBELT.KEXT

PLEASE REMEMBER TO PICK A CHIPSET DRIVER TO AVOID GETTING “STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE” IF YOU ARE NOT INSTALLING VANILLA!

How am i supposed to pick a chipset once i boot? how do i install voodoo? please help, im lost =(

miaballa99
06-03-2009, 02:10 AM
could anyone help me out? ive downloaded different versions of leopard and they all give me the same error

xXrkidXx
06-03-2009, 02:46 AM
you have to pick a chipset driver when your installing your version of OS X, google your computers model number and find out what hardware you have and instal the necssasary files and patches from the DVD

and for voodoo, just select it in the installer

miaballa99
06-03-2009, 04:39 AM
i have a custom built nfore 680i motherboard with an intel e6600, nvidia 7600 gfx card. finally got the installation process to run, but after i restarted, the same problem, still waiting for root device.. Did i pick the wrong drivers? or is there something else wrong? thanks for the help!

thorazine74
06-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Newer nForce chipsets got lots of troubles with the SATA & IDE controllers because driver support is very poor.
Are you installing from/to IDE or SATA? Assuming its SATA you can get around most problems using SATA AHCI mode if available. If you are using IDE or AHCI is not supported by your specific nForce SATA Controller you may need to add a modded driver to the installation to get it working.

miaballa99
06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Newer nForce chipsets got lots of troubles with the SATA & IDE controllers because driver support is very poor.
Are you installing from/to IDE or SATA? Assuming its SATA you can get around most problems using SATA AHCI mode if available. If you are using IDE or AHCI is not supported by your specific nForce SATA Controller you may need to add a modded driver to the installation to get it working.

Well, i have 2 sata hard drives, but i couldn't boot the pc, always said... " still waiting for root device", so i installed an old IDE HD, removed the 2 satas and i got the installation rollin, but after it restarted the same still waiting for root device thingy came back up, now i don't know what to do =\

miaballa99
06-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Well, i have 2 sata hard drives, but i couldn't boot the pc, always said... " still waiting for root device", so i installed an old IDE HD, removed the 2 satas and i got the installation rollin, but after it restarted the same still waiting for root device thingy came back up, now i don't know what to do =\

So anyone e a clue what i should do next? ive installed the os on the hd, but now i cant boot it, its waiting for the root device! =\....