PDA

View Full Version : Help Motherboard Choice

Arkhangel
06-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I Would like to make a Small/Mini Mac im thinking of Intel D945GCLF
in some of the HCL ive seen the intel Chipset 945 works well. hopefully it will work here.
What kinda DVD, HDD should i be looking for. At the moment i have a Few IDE Hard Drives and DVD-RW's, Should it be a Regular DVD-Rom?
I have Downloaded Various iAtkos ISO's, 2.0i, 4a, 5i, Also Kalyway 10.5.2, iPC 10.5.6 Final,

So how dows this set up look?
What other info would i need to add?

Arkhangel
06-07-2009, 02:44 AM
No Suggestions?

Arkhangel
06-15-2009, 02:59 PM
111 Views and no one can say yes or no???

thorazine74
06-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Not sure what you are trying to build but this is what I would look when buying some MB for OS X.
- SATA Controller should support AHCI, it will make setup painless and will give you great speeds.
- If you need IDE support better to go with JMicron IDE chipsets, other IDE controller can be troublesome or slow.
- Look if the other integrated controllers (Network, Firewire) in the motherboard are supported or if you can make them work easily.
- If you going to use the onboard graphics on the MB make sure its supported, as just very few are.
- DVD-R/RW doesnt matter, they all behave the same. SATA or IDE doesnt matter as long as the respective controllers are working.

lemon
06-18-2009, 02:25 PM
I have a 945gclf and everything works flawlessly (except audio input).
Retail leopard 10.5.6 installed without problems. The hard disk is completely vanilla (I have che chameleon boot loader on an usb stick, with a suitable DSDT which I downloaded and enables QE/CI and resolution changing). Only two kexts must be installed, for audio (output only) and network.
Updated to 10.5.7 directly from software update without any kind of problem.
I have an old IDE hard disk there, but from what I've read, SATA works as well (and evidently faster).