PDA

View Full Version : Install help on S10 Lenovo

daveb272
06-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I have read it all over the web and seen it on youtube. I have downloaded MSIWindosx and Kalyway, Tried 2 different HD's Burnt DVD's many different times at different speeds. All boots up, but at the install part, it stops an says Basesystem could not be verified. Any body have any clue what might be going on?

S10 Lenovo
1.6 ATOM
1.5gig ram
120gig HD

daveb272
06-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Nobodys ever tried putting OSX on a lenovo?

daveb272
06-10-2009, 08:06 PM
I guess i am the only one with a lenovo s10.

xXrkidXx
06-11-2009, 01:07 AM
did u even try google? or even looking around on some of the google sites?

first result, a complete guide for your computer

http://www.s10lenovo.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1187

Google is your best friend, ;) dont ever forget that.

daveb272
06-11-2009, 09:50 PM
first let me say thank you for your reply. I have googled and even yahooed till my hearts content. I have yet to fine te same symtom that i am getting. Not just in osx, but in linux as well. This leads me to believe its a hardware issue.

xXrkidXx
06-12-2009, 02:35 AM
Linux is acting the same as OS X? yea then it HAS to be a hardware issue... which is kinda odd because there are people(link i posted) who have been able to successfully been able to install OS X on there computer...

daveb272
06-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks for your reply. This what i have been dealing with. I have seen success stories with both OS's but have not seen any issues like the one i am dealing with now. I have tried two different HD's, same size, different manufactures, with the same out come. (install on osx says could not verify base system durring install of files. input/output error on linux) Could it be something in the bios set wrong?

kndusa
06-13-2009, 01:54 AM
Not that it's much help, but I have a S10 and I installed with DellMiniBoot123v8.01.iso.zip and the retail dvd of 10.5.6 with no problem. I also know someone who installed with msiwind.iso (I think) with no issues. :(

daveb272
06-13-2009, 02:05 AM
So what do you think i am doing wrong. I have been all through out the bios, and i cant seem to find anything in the bios that i might be able to change.

kndusa
06-13-2009, 02:23 AM
I looked at my bios (Phoenix TrustedCore)
BIOS Version: 14CN56WW
SATA Controller working mode: AHCI
Enable Lenovo Quick Start: Yes

Those seem to be pretty much the only settings there that are changeable. I used a Sony USB DVD drive.

I tend to agree if Linux & OS X are having issues, it's probably hardware something. Does Windows XP still work without a problem?

daveb272
06-13-2009, 02:41 PM
I looked at my bios (Phoenix TrustedCore)
BIOS Version: 14CN56WW
SATA Controller working mode: AHCI
Enable Lenovo Quick Start: Yes

Those seem to be pretty much the only settings there that are changeable. I used a Sony USB DVD drive.

I tend to agree if Linux & OS X are having issues, it's probably hardware something. Does Windows XP still work without a problem?

The only difference i see in my bios is i have upgraded to 14cn67ww. But i have tried before and after the the upgrade. I only have a dvd drive via usb cable for the install of OSX, but have tried a thumb drive and cd for the linux install.
XP works ok, Its just not my first choice for an OS.

stync
03-22-2010, 10:53 PM
I experienced a similar problem with MSIWindosx86.iso ... installation would start, but ultimately it would fail. The installer.log said that one of the packages was corrupt.

Increasing my memory from 1GB to 1.5GB and connecting an external monitor allowed me to test other installations ( I hadn't seen that having an external monitor would allow me to have enough screen real estate to complete the installations ).

Since it's been quite awhile, I'm curious if you ever solved the problem you reported.