PDA

View Full Version : Asus a8he

$l4xklynx
06-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I am currently using a notebook Asus A8HE series. I installed osx86 10.4.11 successfully without any problem except my wireless card and built-in webcam. I tried to install iDeneb 10.5.5 ( i forgot the version though ). I installed it successfully without any problem but when I restarted it there was an error

boot 0 : error

any ideas would be highly appreciated, thanks.

thorazine74
06-10-2009, 08:57 AM
There was some problem while installing the bootloader, try reinstalling the whole distro or start the installed system booting from the dvd and reinstall the chameleon bootloader.

$l4xklynx
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm sorry, I'll be researching for the chameleon bootloader.. I think that's the thing I missed. I just installed the x86 where windows is installed first. I didn't use any bootloader or something because my HD is already partitioned prior to installing osx86.

Partition 1: windows
Partition 3: x86

edited: That's the process I did when I intalled 10.4.11 and I had no problem, though. I think that might be the problem?

$l4xklynx
06-11-2009, 09:07 AM
I guess, it's just up to me to exhaust all the information over the internet and fix this problem on my own. thanks guys...

$l4xklynx
06-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Ok, I really can't find out how to install chameleon bootloader. I've printed out lots of information about installing Leopard and chameleon but I wasn't able to install chameleon. I reinstalled iDeneb v1.4 10.5.56 and I was successful on installing the distro. The problem is when I restarted the computer again I've experienced

boot 0 : error

I rebooted the computer and popped in the Leopard disk image, surprisingly it booted successfully and actually I'm currently using it on posting this message. I found something that would copy the boot 0 file:

Step 1. sudo -s
Step 2. cd /usr/standalone/i386
Step 3. dd if=boot0 of=/dev/disk05 <- disk05 is my curr disk
Step 4. cp boot /
Step 5. restart

Step 3 is not successful, it's saying resource busy. now, I'm totally out of idea. I hope somebody could provide some idea about this. thanks in advance.

thorazine74
06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure but I think you got those instructions mixed up, I think you have to use fdisk to install boot0 to disk's mbr and dd to install boot1 to partition's bootsector.
Have you tried reinstalling Chameleon using the automatic installer?
If that doesnt work maybe you have some troubles with your hard disk structure (partition or mbr) thats stops chameleon from being installed correctly...

$l4xklynx
06-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Actually I can't understand how to install chameleon... the main problem I'm having is when I was trying fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0s5 it's saying resource busy and step 3 as well.. Where can I get the automatic installer? Is there any good tuts that you have that you can share? I'm almost done with this though, the main problem is I'm having boot 0 : error.

$l4xklynx
06-11-2009, 05:34 PM
BTW: I only have 3 partitions.

1. Windows XP
2. OSx86
3. My important files

should I make another parition for the chameleon bootloader?

thorazine74
06-12-2009, 08:41 AM
You can get Chameleon2's installer package from their official page (http://chameleon.osx86.hu/)
You can boot from the DVD as you did and install it from there. Check if it installs succesfully, no need to make another partition, make sure you install it to OS X partition.

$l4xklynx
06-12-2009, 09:34 AM
You can boot from the DVD as you did and install it from there. Check if it installs succesfully, no need to make another partition, make sure you install it to OS X partition.

ok, I guess let's try to explain this in detail. When I boot from the DVD after the DVD booted where should I go? do I boot using the sing-user mode? or should I go to the terminal with the installer?

I've tried installing the package, but no go.
I've exhausted all the things that I researched and nothing fixed the problem. I even messed my MBR and wasn't able to boot to windows, but it was fixed now. Now I'm back to scratch again I tried to install chameleon. I followed the instructions http://www.dailyblogged.com/719/new-chameleon-say-what/ (here)

I wasn't able to complete the instructions because when I enter this command.

sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s5”

( where disk0s5 is OSX installed )
it's saying resource busy.

$l4xklynx
06-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Anyway, thanks for the help everybody and for the team iDeneb who developed the hackintosh. I already resolved my problem through researching 24 hours over the internet, exhausted all resolution available.