PDA

View Full Version : Another way to Download via NewsGroups

Rajmahal783
02-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Hey if you're trying to get it from newsgroups here is another way of doing it.

1.http://www.astinews.de/xtest-put in your email address for a free acount. (somebody already mention this earlier.)

2.Download NewsbinPro-The trial version-www.newsbin.com-insert the information from your email from astinews.
Your username, password, news group.(reader.astinews.de)-Check mark need password and username when installing NewsbinPro.

3. Once your in NewsbinPro, Go to this website-http://www.binsearch.info/browse.php?bg=alt.binaries.mac.cd-images
10.5.2-AMD from Zeph will be the first on the list click on collections. And you will see up to date all the uploaded files that you can start to download. Click on inverse type .rar but uncheck the incomplete ones 28 and 29. Then click on create NBZ and save to your desktop.

4.. Go back to NewsbinPro-And on the menu part next to Save click on the Load NZB Button and open the file you saved on your desktop, and it will automatically start downloading the files part by part.

Thats it!

WinLinMac01
02-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I do recommend this method. Amazing site you provided to us once again. Downloaded everything in less than an hour! compared to 1 day and 12 hours for torrent. LOL

WinLinMac01
02-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I didn't use the Inverse method rather at the time I manually added the files as they were uploaded by Zephyroth. Does it really matter? Or should I download 3.37GB again?

Rajmahal783
02-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Hey WinLinMac01 sorry for the late reply just got back on, but to answer your question no it does not matter you can use either method you want. I did it manually to since not all the files were uploaded at the time. I'm glad it worked out for you.

christurner
02-18-2008, 04:50 AM
thank you for this method, i had started the torrent, but that was going to take a day and a half (38 hours!!!) i said, why wait that long?

BANKAI
02-18-2008, 07:38 PM
because all people install it before seed :D Now go good ;)

MikeJena
02-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Thanks for this hint...
But why do i have to uncheck the incomplete parts?
There are Par2 Files to repair them?

If i uncheck them, they will be missing...
*confused*

Rajmahal783
02-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Hey MikeJena no no I said uncheck the incomplete parts bec at the time Zeph was still uploading all the files now it's all done so there are no incomplete parts. Now check all of them you really don't need all of the par files the only one you need it the very first one zeph put up the first one on the list-.par file(the oldest .par file) And of course all the .rar files that's it.

MikeJena
02-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Ah Ok ;)
Thanks...

I Hope it will work on my Acer Aspire 3103 (Sempron 3400+ SSE3, AtiX1100)
But i'm sanguine...

Nafreyu
02-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Hello. Do you have the md5sum's for the whole .rar files? Because I have a little isue whe i tried to extract the iso file it crash at 25%. I could download the rar files again but the newsbin doesn't like to do it all the files are in the Failed Files basket with the "Duplicate / Sig mac" error.