PDA

View Full Version : Help with upgrading to 10.5.7 - my last hope

mcmaklin
06-17-2009, 07:22 PM
I had a fully working Kalyway 10.5.5 on ep35-ds4 My distro was based on Kalyway and then upgraded several times up to 10.5.5. It is Vanilla Kernel.
I have installed disabler.kext before upgrading. I was trying to upgrade using combo update 10.5.7

After trying to insall a combo update 10.5.7 I am stucked in:
Firewire unable to determine security-mode after upgrading; defauling to full secure
I can only login in single user mode which gives me the same message.
PLEASE HELP it was fully working system!

I was trying -v -f options it doesn't help

I guess it is not problem of kexts because there is no kernel panic

zuz242
06-18-2009, 08:13 AM
1st off: this update needs some (~2) restarts until running, so at first panics are normal. patience ;)

and i guess to be on the safe side it would be better to remove the "troubling" kexts like dont_steal... and ..power_management.. . disabler should hve taken care of them, but maybe not. (you did clear cache, how about repairing permissions?)

i know you are on vanilla, but you could also try to use voodoo kernel as it blacklists offensive kexts ..

hope my 2cent help ..

Voyn1x
06-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Try disabling firewire in your bios?

macintoshiba
06-21-2009, 01:52 AM
What do you mean "requires restarts?" I have my system running, but I could not get the Vanilla Kernel to work because it would restart after the apple screen had the spinning wheel for about 20 second...should I have just kept restarting it? I figured it failed, and so went down to Voodoo 9.5.0.