PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got an asus m3n-ht system working - please help me!

bigweeve
06-23-2009, 07:21 PM
If there is anyone out there who has got this motherboard working could you please help me out? I have tried so many different versions and frequently get the "still waiting for root device" thing as the dvd is loading. I have tried so many different ways I am getting really frustrated.

Lawless PPC 10.5.4 gives "still waiting for root device". I have tried a SATA drive set to AHCI and an IDE drive and both give identical messages:

ERROR: Firewire unable to determine security mode: defaulting to full-secure.
Still waiting for root device.

IPC does exactly the same.

I downloaded the iATKOS v7 10.5.7 Intel/AMD disk this morning and that does not have this problem - I can get right through to the installation screens - but it hangs during installation.!

It is so difficult as a newbie to all this to work out what to choose from such a long list. If anyone who has succeeded in loading any version onto a M3N-HT could post a detailed description of A) Bios settings and B) Set-up choices and let me know exactly which version you have installed I would be forever grateful!

Knowing that it can be done gives me hope - not understanding everything is driving me nuts!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Steve

bisdak4920
07-06-2009, 10:21 PM
My ASUS M3n72-D works like a charm using iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6). Everything works out of the box except sound that I remedied from insanlymac forums. My complete system:
Motherboard- ASUS M3N72-D
Processor- AMD Quad core 9500
HD- Hitachi Deskstar 1GB
GPU- Zotac GEForce 9600GT, 512 mb
DVDRW-ASUS
Bluray player- SONY
CASE-Cooler Master

Kuka
07-16-2009, 04:58 PM
hey bisdak4920,
what kext did u install. wondering if your setup will help me and bigweeve? i have a crosshair II formula. Anything would help thx