PDA

View Full Version : DVD hangs during installation.

bigweeve
06-23-2009, 10:32 PM
I downloaded the iATKOS v7 10.5.7 Intel/AMD disk this morning and I can get right through to the installation screens which is promising as many other versions of OSX86 that I have tried stall well before that - but it hangs during installation!

It is so difficult as a newbie to all this to work out what to choose from such a long list but I am giving it a go trying to follow the guidelines that come with it - which I must say are the best that I have seen on anything that I have tried yet. What I want to know is this - when I initially boot the disk I press -v so I can see what is going on, but after I have made my selections of what to install all I get is the progress bar which sticks at about 20% and I have no way of knowing why - i.e. what part of what I have chosen is at fault. Is there any way I can get the PC to display this.

My System is:

Asus M3N-HT Deluxe motherboard,
AMD Athlon x2 6000+ processor,
4Gb Ram,
2x GeForce 7600GS graphics cards running 3x 22" widescreen monitors,
1x IDE DVD drive
1x SATA DVD drive
Tried both SATA and IDE hard drives.

The motherboard chipset is nForce 780a,
Onboard Ethernet is Atheros F1 Gigabyte PHY, (I really have no idea what to select here)
Don't need onboard sound to work as I intend to add a USB soundcard.

If anybody can give me any help in getting this up and running I would be most grateful. I am guessing a lot of the time about what to install which is not very scientific, but seems to be how most people do it from reading these forums.

(By the way does anybody have any idea why Insanely Mac won't send me an activation email - I have signed up now with 3 email addresses and not received one - which is really frustrating because one poster on there has got my motherboard working and I desperately want to contact them but without activation I can't. I know it's not really done to ask questions about another forum, but I also can't get through to anyone there by email to ask what's going on, so please forgive me).

Thanks - any help will be most welcome.

bigweeve
06-25-2009, 12:19 PM
OK so I'm learning - theiATKOS v7 was working all along - it just looked like it was hanging. In fact it has set me up with what appears to be a very workable system - the only problem I have is graphics. I have 2 Nvidia 7600GS cards which run 3 widescreen monitors - but all I can get it to do is 1024x788 with the 2 monitors that are on the same card mirroring each other. I must have tried a dozen or more combinations - I've even been editing kexts! But still no joy.

Ah well it's all a learning process I suppose. I'm sure I'll get there in the end :D

I JUST THOUGHT I'D POST THIS TO LET ANYONE ELSE KNOW THAT THE iATKOS DISK REALLY DOES WORK!

bigweeve
06-27-2009, 01:13 AM
After 2 days of constant learning I have finally done it and I have dual monitors working at full 1680x1050 resolution with both CI and QI also with QuartzGL and rotation! In the end it was as easy as using OSx86 tools to write a new EFI string.