PDA

View Full Version : ipc 10.5.6 gigabyte p35-ds3 help

crz15
06-26-2009, 09:46 AM
hi all noob here, i have sucesfully installed ipc 10.5.6 then updated to 10.5.7 via apple but have a few issues i need some help with please i used all the reccomended kexts but have issues with the following

1. audio wont work
2. cpu has no info
3. ram has no info

everything else works fine

my specs are

gigabyte p35 ds3
intel core quad q6600
corsair 4gb ddr2
ati radeon hd 3850

any help would be appricated i spent 2 hrs on google but nothing i tryed seem to work

vin_schumi
06-26-2009, 11:29 AM
i have a realtek alc888vc audio card... got it working by going to www.kexts.com (http://www.kexts.com) . i followed the instructions which asked me to remove applehda.kext and hdaenabler.kext and then I installed the appleazalia.kext for my soundcard through osx86tools.. restarted and audio worked..

Try googling your soundcard name + osx86 and you might find an alternative solution..

crz15
06-26-2009, 11:52 AM
i have a realtek alc888vc audio card... got it working by going to www.kexts.com (http://www.kexts.com) . i followed the instructions which asked me to remove applehda.kext and hdaenabler.kext and then I installed the appleazalia.kext for my soundcard through osx86tools.. restarted and audio worked..

Try googling your soundcard name + osx86 and you might find an alternative solution..

Thanks for the input, checked the site out but no kexts are on for gigabyte p35-ds3 :(

vin_schumi
06-27-2009, 03:19 AM
check out the osx86 10.5.6 hcl.. there is a link for the install guide for your motherboard.. it says you need to use efi studio for fixing your audio..

brannfenix
06-27-2009, 01:22 PM
My setup is fairly close to yours with the same mobo and my CPU is listed as "2.4GHz Unkown" However, in activity monitor I can see all 4 cores working on the graph.
My memory is listed as "2GB 800 RAM"

Is your stuff listed at all in the about this Mac screen?

teflonrico
06-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi There.. out of curiosity what distro or method are you using? i am using retail install via DFE's boot 132 with the new chameleon 2.0RC. All needed kexts loaded in extra folder with exception of audio.

I have the same mobo running in a second system (not the one in my sig), the processor speed after going to 10.5.7 shows correctly but with the unknown tagged on the end.. haven't figured that out yet. My Ram shows correctly

For audio i always use taruga 1.20 HDA patcher and the correct alc888.txt easy to find with google. Remember to go to sound in system prefs and make sure you have line out selected. Sometimes when installed it defaults to Headphones. I've tried efi etc but this method always seems to work well with good sound and takes like 5 sec to do...

Also needed (apart from the usual) was IONnetworking kext for time machine and i use EFI strings for gfx card (8800gts)